xxl crappie report

walleye_man

Well this winter I have been introduced to the wonderful world of crappie fishing through the ice. Since then I have completely fell in love with it and it has turned into an obsession I guess you could say!

By far some of the most frustrating and rewarding fishing through the ice!

Tonight something happened that I totally wasn't expecting..

I hit the ultimate crapzilla!!

I'll let the pictures do the talking! Can't wait to hang her on the wall!

93FD711F-9661-4401-B004-5B4971679A22_zps

5466F797-F306-420C-A5D0-807E98AC8DF0_zps

Still in shock. What a night!

Cheers!

A monstrous specimen, I've caught large crappie but now I have a different perspective of large. It's nice to see your arms tucked in for the pic of the 2 beauties.

Did you get a weight and measurement,? it really doesn't matter large is big but it would be nice to know.

That smile must be cramping up by now, it will take a while for it to go away.

Way to go kiddo. Smile and be proud, you deserve it.

What a tank! Got any measurements?

Likely just an 11" fish with an 8 incher for comparison. He just has his arms stretched out as far as possible :whistling::D

Nice fish!

Edited by ch312

thanks everyone for the positive feedback! still in awe of this fish. the thing was 15 inches long and FAT most likely full of eggs!

i fish this lake lots so she went back in hopes i can catch her again when shes pushing 16 LOL

have never seen one this big around here so it gives me hope that there are even bigger!

cheers

Any details for us? Using a flasher? Over weeds? Bait? etc.

Or if it's all information you want to keep to yourself I'll mind my own business.

I have caught many hundreds of crappies and never saw one that big I don't think. Beauty!

Doug

Any details for us? Using a flasher? Over weeds? Bait? etc.

Or if it's all information you want to keep to yourself I'll mind my own business.

I have caught many hundreds of crappies and never saw one that big I don't think. Beauty!

Doug

i like to fish these guys over drops or main lake basins. i use a vexilar fl 12 and suspend 5 feet up. you will see em roll in!

the hot jig this season has been a tungsten diamond jig in glow white with maggots... enjoy :Gonefishing:

i like to fish these guys over drops or main lake basins. i use a vexilar fl 12 and suspend 5 feet up. you will see em roll in!

the hot jig this season has been a tungsten diamond jig in glow white with maggots... enjoy :Gonefishing:

You sir, have found the most fun ice fishing method for catching crappies.

Very nice fish.