Shimano does it again!

mattybculp

So I know I've posted a couple times on shimano's customer service, so sorry if this is getting redundant, but I thought I would share. So this summer I had a 7'11 crucial that's guide broke off, not too mention its three years old and takes quite a beating. Im sure I had a small knot in my braid and that's what caused the break. So obviously living in Peterborough makes it a little more convenient that I can just drive down and drop it off. So I drive down to the warehouse, tell the guy what happened, fills out some paperwork, and after shooting the breeze for 5 mins I was in and out in 10 mins. 9 days later tube arrives at my house (no charge), and I ask myself " did they just fix the guide, or send me a new one". Opened it up and sure enough brand new crucial tags and all. I have many shimano products, tons of rods and this is the 4th time I have had to send a 3 plus year old rod back, mainly cause im hard on them, but every time they have sent me a new rod back and in respectable timing, 9 days on this one ! So I am just so pleased with the service I have always received, that's why I buy shimano , and don't mind paying a couple hundred bucks for a rod or reel, cause they stand behind their product ! anyways just thought I would share, and give a big shout out to the guys in the repair centre !

I had similar service with St.Croix.. Busted Avid, returned (in 2 pieces, lol), got a new 1pc back in about 2 weeks no questions asked. This thread reminds me that I need to send in a few reels for Shimano for cleaning!

Edited by BillM

I have had good success with fenwick, shimano and St. Croix. They are pretty much the only rods in my arsenal other than a couple of old loomis and a coupl of sage customs due to the fact that they have honoured their warranties in short order!

Edited by porkpie

I've got a broken Stradic reel (my fault, abuse) I need fixed before spring, anybody have a tip on what I should do? what # to call?

good story Matty

A co-worker just had a stradic fixed there. Had new gears, and handle installed, and a cleaning. Cost him $20.

S.

Chris I would do 1 of two things. Mail it in to Peterborough and explain in a letter what the issue is. And they will fix it! you could mail it to me and I could go in for ya and see if they can fix it. Phone number is 705-745-3232.

thanks, I'll give them a call with the other #

generous offer too, I don't want to burden you, thanks though

I am hoping my experience ends like yours. I have a reel seat on an old compre that keeps coming loose and it is sitting at the store I bought it from waiting for the rep to take a look at it. It has drove me nuts for the last year and I finally had enough!

just ship it in and tell them what is wrong...the reps are busy and only visit the shops a few time a year.

My 400 Calcutta CT started acting up a few years back and when I'd turn the handle, the spool wouldn't work.

I took it over to the P'Boro office and he said to leave it with him and pick it up tomorrow. I came back the next day and he said he had to replace some part and while he had it apart he gave it a good cleaning too. I asked how much $$$$ and he said, "well it only took me 30 minutes to fix and clean and I have to charge you something, so gimme 5 bucks"

THAT'S customer service the Shimano way !!

Does anyone know if they honor stuff without a sales receipt? I have a broken trolling rod that broke 6 inches from the tip for no apparent reason this past fall. The rod was in use for maybe 2-3 days of fishing. I have looked for the receipt and it is definitely long gone.

Edited by b_cdot

Does anyone know if they honor stuff without a sales receipt? I have a broken trolling rod that broke 6 inches from the tip for no apparent reason this past fall. The rod was in use for maybe 2-3 days of fishing. I have looked for the receipt and it is definitely long gone.

You don't need a receipt.

A co-worker just had a stradic fixed there. Had new gears, and handle installed, and a cleaning. Cost him $20.

S.

???? A cleaning costs more than that, let alone parts etc....must have been a problem on their end and he negotiated extra stuff for discounted rate