Barrie new parking fees

kickingfrog

So little parking around Simcoe and what there is you have to pay for if you're an out-of-towner. Nothing says 'Welcome' like that. Parking has really become an issue on Simcoe come ice fishing time, unless you don't mind driving out onto the lake to park. Rather than deal with the hassle, I discoveried the great winter fishing available on the Niagara year round. So now, the Niagara region gets the most of my time( and money )over the winter.

I was thinking the same thing nothing like saying come visit by raising the prices. But then again I don't go there and think there could be good reason for it.

I know that down my way some parks are over run by very large families that will go first thing in the morning gather up almost all tables and just sit there all day then leave their junk around just to do it again the next day. To bad there is not much that can be done for that maybe our area should also make paid parking to keep them away.

Pretty soon you'll have to pay to park in your own driveway.

Of course you pay to park in your own driveway. From property taxes to the tag on your vehicle and the comprehensive insurance in case a tree falls on it, don't worry we all pay, nothing free Fisherman.

The idea to charge for parking in a tourist area is contrary to what most all tourist areas do. Voted down putting meters in Dunnville and Port Dover. Actually even suggesting Dunnville is a tourist area is ludicrous, but with the Grand River there someone may stop and visit the new Giant Tiger not the Giant Mudcat. Sorry Fishmaster.

They remove meters to encourage tourism not install them. I wonder what in the hell council is thinking up there.

Seems to be the way of the times... either councillors just don't get it.. or too many people come into town(s) fully stocked and leave nothing behind but their trash on the way out. I'm working on council (#1 son is one of them) to get rid of the parking fees for the Penetang boat launch. Even I have to pay to use it.. and my tax dollars funded it! Up in Temagami council has been trying for years to get a majority on board to charge to use the lake access road to the hub (that starts 4 miles short of town), as a toll road, as 98% of those that use it NEVER come to town. They arrive fully stocked and wouldn't know where the local grocery store was if they stopped to ask directions twice. The only input they make to the township is emails of complaint on the roads condition. I say just get rid of the road, it was suppose to be removed when the copper mine came of Temagami Island in the 70's. Then everyone would have to use town...

Edited by irishfield