Completely disrespectful US service member.

Woodsman

As a former serving member of the Canadian Forces I'm completely discussed.
Just finished watching the opening of the LA / Vancouver NHL game.
During the Canadian national anthem the member of the US Forces standing beside the singer of the anthem was standing at at ease but when the US National anthem was sung he came to attention and saluted.
Complete disrespect period.

Before this goes down the wrong road. While I did not see the incident I am ex military from the USA and it is called the NATIONAL ANTHEM your nations anthem. Parade rest or if not in the official dress uniform at ease is the correct posture for a person who is not of the country. Sitting down or talking or drinking a beer while it is being played would be something to grouse about. I hope this helps people understand such a small incident should not be blown out of proportion during winternet season.

Art

at ease is the correct posture for a person who is not of the country.

I don't know anything about the American military Art, but in the Canadian Military you come to attention no matter who's National Anthem is being played.

I don't know anything about the American military Art, but in the Canadian Military you come to attention no matter who's National Anthem is being played.

It's because we are their "retarded cousin to the North"

Get used to it, in the eyes of the US of A, they are the best, the rest suck!

This is exactly why the military has nothing to do with hockey. It is a sport. Pushing Canadian/American forces has nothing to do with the game.

I don't watch much organized sports but when I do, I always like to see the military there, both Canadian and American, taking part on the opening ceremonies and the military pageantry IMHO adds alot to the program.

But being ex-military, perhaps I'm biased.