New spot pays off. Fresh fish for dinner

misfish

Drove around yesterday just looking at the regular stomping grounds,and came accross a spot that I thought would be worth trying.

Ya got to love it when you find new spots.

4 hours of non stop action. Perch and lots of herring. I even caught a herring that was 6 inches. Both Terry and I had to take a double take,as we both thought it was a smelt. MAN ARE THEY EVER ON THE REBOUND. There has to be atleast 4-5 even 6 year classes now since they closed the season on them.

The ice machine was always full of fish. Not sure what was up with Terrys. Think it,s broke. :P

Oh he got his too. :good:

001_zps71f74f31.jpg

I kept just enough for tonights dinner. They will go well with fried taters and cold busch beans. :D:good:

002_zps12797581.jpg

003_zps0c09c07f.jpg

Back out again in the morning. It,s nice when you dont have to drive a couple of hours,and can just for a short time,and be home to watch the juniors. :canadian:

When I would lift the bait out of the crowd,some would follow. When I seen yellow or red,I would stop the lift and wham. Fish on. If I left it dead stick,they wouldnt touch it. Im still in awe with this machine. I know I keep saying that,but if you dont have one,it,s worth the purchase..

When I would lift the bait out of the crowd,some would follow. When I seen yellow or red,I would stop the lift and wham. Fish on. If I left it dead stick,they wouldnt touch it. Im still in awe with this machine. I know I keep saying that,but if you dont have one,it,s worth the purchase..

Couldn't agree more. The fish finder puts way more fish on the ice...and stops you from wasting time on dead water. I curse all the wasted years I was too cheap to spring for one.

001_zps71f74f31.jpg

Hey Misfish how goes it. Juniors lost so maybe you should have stayed on the ice :P

I am in the market for a very same fish finder, 4x Elite Ice Machine. How are you liking yours ? Does it track the jighead well past 100 feet?

Thanks again

Marko