Scugog Ice Conditions

Entropy

Looked out the window this morning to see that the lake has frozen. There are a few open patches. I'm not saying go out and see how thick it is, don't be stupid people.

Just a heads up that it is starting, and with cold temps this week, I might see how thick it is next weekend. I will be standing where my dock is in the summer, water only up to my knees when I'm checking the thickness.

Sadly someone will die this year on Scugog, stay off till it is safe, don't let it be you.

Entropy

Sturgeon Lake is frozen right across in front of my place this morning. -12 right now and no wind so it may give it a chance to actually thicken up over night. You won't catch me going out and cutting holes for a while yet though, I'm way too old to take a cold bath (heck at my age a cold shower isn't even necessary any more LOL)

I will measure it Friday or Sat and report back.

But, I'm sure with this snow on the ground and some ice on the lake it is only a matter of time till some 'crazy' rips along the shore of the lake on a new machine.

One year I was walking along the shore (on shore) and saw a helmet beside some open water, gloves were on the ice beside the hole. Sure makes your heart skip a beat seeing that. Young guy with a new machine ... he got out and got the machine out latter that eve.

Entropy