Pointe Au Baril Report

stasbrute

Made it up to Kenlea Camp at "The Baril" last weekend, the weather was typical for this time of year, cold windy and wet. The fishing was good, as usual for this time of year as well.

We packed light .......

IMG_00000165.jpg

My brother got a nice 40" pike the first day.

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

our Friday keepers....

IMG_00000171.jpg

Saturday morning there was a surprise in our minnow bucket, this little guy got in, ate our minnows, and sadly for him drowned in there....

PA260505.jpg

IMG_00000184.jpg

Saturday's fishing was very good, the sun even came out, many fish in the slot and a nice limit of keepers

PA250486.jpg

IMG_00000189.jpg

PA260507.jpg

PA260506.jpg

PA260511.jpg

IMG_00000191.jpg

Time to get to work .....

PA260514.jpg

and the reward.....

PA260515.jpg

PA260523.jpg

Blue skies on Sunday .....slow bite, one nice fish for the Habs fan......

PA270526.jpg

Great trip boys !!!

PA250493.jpg

PA250492.jpg

Scenery.....

PA260495.jpg

PS. one more picture of the pike (love my brothers face on this one

PA250490.jpg

Ahhh nice, a fellow OV drinker, there are few of us, but we are kings indeed.

Was up there many moons ago, camped in the inlet, know exactly where you're fishing there, boats always congregated there in the low light hours. Beautiful area.

If you don't mind, can you speak to the accommodations you had, always looking for a new place to go. Which cabin did you stay in? What's the place like? How far from the lodge to the river? Appreciate it.

Edited by big guy

Gee looks like the OV shot was as popular as the fishing shots, he he he. I remember when you would get a free fishing lure with a case of OV....Thanks for the replies, glad you enjoyed them. We stayed at Kenlea Cottages, Big Guy, the cabins are nice for the fisherman/woman, and not a far (about 5 miles) to "the river".

Edited by Grog

Ahhh nice, a fellow OV drinker, there are few of us, but we are kings indeed.

Was up there many moons ago, camped in the inlet, know exactly where you're fishing there, boats always congregated there in the low light hours. Beautiful area.

If you don't mind, can you speak to the accommodations you had, always looking for a new place to go. Which cabin did you stay in? What's the place like? How far from the lodge to the river? Appreciate it.

http://www.kenleacottages.com/index.html

We stayed there for years, mom and dad were a lot more practical than wives were! LOL It has been a long time for me though. It was never a fancy place, but comfortable for the intended purpose.

Always under powered in boats but depending on yours it isn't a long run from the camp to the river, maybe 2 miles? I did it for years in a 14 foot aluminum boat with a 5hp sabre on the back, and you could pass by a lot of good spots on the way to the river.