US Government Shutdown

NAW

You have to wonder why they'd be contemplating another expensive war in a foreign country if they can't afford to keep their museums and parks open. Even assuming their motivations are 100% pure...I know if I couldn't pay my gas bill, I wouldn't be offering to help my neighbour out in at some endeavor that is crazy expensive and may have no end.

I'll tell you what, without making it a them and us or these and those ones, it can happen to any country that is controlled by an elite group. They/we/most of us, don't have a revenue problem, we have massive spending problems, right from the bottom of the pile, Joe /Jane Public to the top of the Government heap. People keep spending beyond their means. Every little p/ant self centered group crys the blues and has money thrown at it. Stop it and only spend money where it is realy needed. If you run a deficit and have a debt, you will never see the light at the end of the tunnel..other than the train that's going to run your sorry butt over. If you want a 60 inch flat screen in every room with a bathroom for every room in the house, you either have the money to pay for it or you are in debt...'til death do you part from it.

sharp drop in gold, but otherwise no sell off on the markets. Guess it's not a big deal yet??? Until the next big item in a couple weeks: the massively tall debt ceiling!!

The republicans are loving a government shutdown: "see, we don't need museums and parks" haha

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

seems the republicans only agree with democracy when it's going their way. obama was elected on a platform that HEAVILY pushed obamacare. so in order to keep it from passing the GOP cripples the country UNLESS obamacare is defunded? glad i live in a country where good health is a right, not a privilege.

This is not a money issue it is the government holding our spending hostage till we get rid of the obamacare crap that will ruin our country. As for guns if there is no government then I am glad I am armed at least there will be one wolf in the pasture protecting the livestock. lol Give it a few days and they will come up with some kind of answer that will keep both sides of the government happy as for the people.....who knows.

Art

This is not a money issue it is the government holding our spending hostage till we get rid of the obamacare crap that will ruin our country. As for guns if there is no government then I am glad I am armed at least there will be one wolf in the pasture protecting the livestock. lol Give it a few days and they will come up with some kind of answer that will keep both sides of the government happy as for the people.....who knows.

Art

The obamacare crap that the majority voted for.

Art

Keep in mind Art that Obama was elected by the people on that platform..Obamacare

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Keep in mind Art that Obama was elected by the people on that platform..Obamacare

The GOP doesn't seem concerned with who won the election... They would rather cripple their country and play games than the respect the will of their country... Kind of reminds me of that bozo here in Canada that prorogues parliament every time the heat is on him.

Was watching a bit on tv and it's amazing the attitude of some of the American politicians and media. Hey, here's a heads up to you ! Just because you think and say you are the greatest nation in the world, doesn't mean you are. Ever think that attitude might be part of the problem? Idiots!!!

The GOP doesn't seem concerned with who won the election... They would rather cripple their country and play games than the respect the will of their country... Kind of reminds me of that bozo here in Canada that prorogues parliament every time the heat is on him.

Couldn't agree more Doc..However politics talk is loose loose and this is where im out..Harper is no better but, at least we have a somewhat functioning government today...

Just finished a novel Brad Thor : Hidden Order which uses the US Federal Reserve as a back story. Yes its fiction but the back story about the federal reserve history and function are a real eye opener. Its written like a Dan Brown suspense novel with a sprinkling of odd true facts that catch you off guard. Very interesting topic that I think I will research a little...