Jack got a 21" walleye tonight!

limeyangler

Hi all,

Jack made me proud as punch tonight, he caught a 21"er.

We had a quick supper in the boat then he says we are gonna have a 'competition'.

He sets the rules and off we go. After no more than 3 minutes pulling spinners......wham....competition over! Jack won!

After a hilarious few minutes of me encouraging and Jack reeling, up to the surface comes a beauty walleye, the only one we got in the hour we had out there.

Jack was adamant we kept it, and i explained that if he kept it he had to help clean it, he was up for that and dispatched the wally accordingly.

He is still only 4 years old so the attention span for fishing is limited, but getting better. He certainly engages more with the task while he is fishing......and the competition thing was too funny...especially listening to him make the rules and list the prizes.

At his request i had brought with us in the boat both his laser guns, his kids floating net, the blue pool net (he likes being a 'netman'), his pink marker bouy, 2 of his favourite sticks and his favourite stringer. I have found that the boat trips go smoother when he has stuff to do other than fish, but tonight he ate supper, fished and we went home. No need for most of the stuff.

THAT'S MY BOY!

e.jpg

g-1.jpg

h.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

j.jpg

Not many more opportunities for Jack and Dad adventures as the temps drop here, the poor guy got cold quick even with quite a few layers on but what a blast we had this year on the open water.

Awesome video for sure. I wish I had made lots of videos from when my kids were very young that's priceless.

I'm glad my net girl does not try all the nets when were out lol

And I loved my moen faucet just like that one to bad I left it in the old house I should have changed it out when we moved.

That's great Simon. Interesting to see the similarities in our sons as we introduce them to what we love.

LOL...he also had two 5 minute MELTDOWNS while we were out....but he managed to pull himself together pretty quick which was good to see.

"I'm reeling I'm reeling, this is so HARD! I'm reeling..."

I too laughed at that bit....he's was laughing the whole time he was reeling, he makes my day....constantly!

awesome! Nothin' like being out-fished by your kid :clapping: . I have a fair amount of experience on that topic.

I can only say that you and G-Man are inspirational.

Wow 4 years old and your son is already a better fisherman than me! :P Great video Simon, thanks for sharing!

LOL...we are cheating though....you could throw a bare hook into some of these lakes and come up trumps.

The thumbs up photo says it all man!

Very cool

Thanks Chad....he was a real trooper that day....as the sun went down it chilled off real quick....but his enthusiasm remained.

Way to go Jack! A really big fish you got there. You know, you're learning from one of the best but I have a feeling that you're already better than your teacher. :) Thanks for the pictures and video clip.

At one point he wanted to tie his own lure from his own 'Taco' kit ( he calls his tackle 'Taco'.......i think it has something to do with my accent that he copies) I suggested it would not work, he pipes up that he needs to try and then find out on his own if it works or not...."thats called practising dad"....LOL....fair point son....i'll butt out.

Awesome video for sure. I wish I had made lots of videos from when my kids were very young that's priceless.

I'm glad my net girl does not try all the nets when were out lol

And I loved my moen faucet just like that one to bad I left it in the old house I should have changed it out when we moved.

Too funny Mike, never expected anyone to comment on my plumbing brands...but yeah....waited till it was on sale at crappy tire and swapped it out.

All I could think when I saw this thread topic was Please let there be a video of Jack catchin it. OP does not disappoint. Kids are awesome

I was also very happy i got that on tape....a real treasure me thinks.

Great video and pictures. Just wait until you can get him paddling the right way.

LOL...but the "heave....Ho" sounds are good....dont ya think?