Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

His job will be to analyse and help shape the team using statistics.

He is a stats. guru. He will work with the GM to implement this new system.

Kinda the same thing Bill said,not sold yet,if that's a good thing I'm on board I guess.Two extra salaries with him and Shanny,hope it works.We still have a long way to go!!!!.Just heard they got rid of Poulin and someone else.Let's see where it goes

The problem isn't/wasn't Riemer.

The problem was how the coach used him.

As to the contract, he was a restricted "free" agent. The Leafs had all the leverage. On the open market Riemer gets even more.

BTW, The 50/50 was something like $700,000 last night at the Eskimo's game.

His contract is "cheaper" for trade bait but he doesn't get more on the open market? :dunno:

His stock is pretty poor right now, i don't see why any team would interested. The contract signed looks better than what he was asking for going to arbitration. An easier contract to take on for a team like Winnipeg to rid of him

Leafs signed Dan Winnik today, good signing in my eyes.

From the western conference and plays a gritty game and can produce, great replacement for mclement, and hopefully is a staple in the lineup keeping Orr and Mclaren out so the leafs can play a fast paced physical game. which mike santorelli will undoubtedly help with too

I probably would have handled it differently but I can somewhat understand the GM on this given all the long term big money deals teams have handed out in the past only to have to do the buy-out thing a couple of years down the road.

If I was the GM I probably would have signed him long term a couple of years ago and then traded him, I am not PK`s biggest fan!