Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

wow Matt moulson to buffalo for 25mill/ 5years the leafs should've offered him what they were giving bolland, I'm sure he or someone is able to play center

edit - also what about Kulemin? I thought him to Pittsburgh was a lock?

edit the edit also why did the leafs not pursue andrej mezaros? he's 28 and a solid player he's got similar stats to robidas in 300 less games with 9 less years....

KOMAROV IN 2.95mill x 4 yrs

Edited by leaf4

When I hear the name Robidas I think of a soft whinny player with a great ability to score but no defensive side. I haven't seen him play enough but is my memory failing me?

I think you might be thinking of Mike Ribeiro, Stephen Robidas is who the Leafs signed.

So I wouldn't feel so bad about the leafs letting Raymond and Bolland walk if they could sign Derek roy to replace bolland, and not sure who's still a FA that could replace mason but I'm sure someone will come through the line, word is they're trying to get rid of franson (thank you dear lord) and he was the player in the deal for gorges that got squashed.

buffalo is looking like they could be dangerous!

Komarov signs. Bill, you working for the Leafs??

hahahaha! Right on!!! They really missed his tough forecheck last season, can't wait to see him back on the ice in a Leafs jersey!

Nice to see Frattin back as well, I always liked watching him play.

Edited by BillM

glad to see them add who they did so far, but they're gonna need to do some trades to add some good pieces and get rid of some others, Derek Roy or David Legwand would be a good addition but I know they want to give some of the young guys in the AHL a good long look, Josh Leivo and Peter Holland are definitely going to be pressing for roster spots, so maybe one of them will fill the Mason Raymond hole, hopefully

McClement to the hurricanes on a 1yr 1 mill deal,

I don't mind losing him and I don't think the leafs do either I think with Shanny here he is helping them realize who they need and who brings more than just a 1 dimensional game with them.

Radim Vrbata to Vancouver 2 yr 10 mill deal!

At least the leafs can afford to reach the salary cap!

and who's going to flourish? the roster is full of career nobodies with a couple that people only know because they played for the leafs once!

Also what kind of cornerstone player do you guys have to build around now? glad I'm not an Ottawa fan boy!

Edited by leaf4

At least the leafs can afford to reach the salary cap!

and who's going to flourish? the roster is full of career nobodies with a couple that people only know because they played for the leafs once!

Also what kind of cornerstone player do you guys have to build around now? glad I'm not an Ottawa fan boy!

Yeah, you have so much more to look forward to as a laff fan!

:w00t::good::whistling:

Getting rid of Spazza is an improvement. Now the other players can flourish!

Sens fans need to remember Bobby Ryan--who played hurt a lot of last year....Kyle Turris just keeps gettin better

Leaf fans can only drool over Karlsson

And if I was choosin a new Capt...I'd give Macarthur a long look-----he was a motivator when things got bleak---especially to ensure the Sens Finished at least ahead of the leafs in the standings

Oh yeah...ya'll forgot that part I'm sure...being the parade was planned and all :whistling: