Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

The rules are not open to assumptions. Other rules of the game have been relaxed for shootout attempts with the league's blessing.

The kicking the puck into the net rule is held up as a rule to protect players (Completely incorrect btw, but that's not the focus here). No player's safety was endangered during the play.

Again we are talking about an unsuccessful shootout attempt during the preseason.

Most people that have played the game especially goalies have levered pucks off there shin. To add a clear cicking motion at your stick seems pretty clearly defined as kicking equipment. I see no such mention of the kciking of equipment refering to items on the ice. The rule simply states one cannot kick a stick equipment at a puck. Seems pretty clear to me. Of course anyone can take something for the way its written or of course make up whatever add on's they want. We certainly see that with the fishing regs all the time. haha

Anyway, it would be interesting to see what ruling would be if something like that happened in a real game.

Apparently the goalies went at it tonight with Bernier doing his best impression of Potvin laying a beatdown on Hextall. The best part is Miller was playing the part of Hextall. I'll need to watch Sportscentre later.

Worth a watch fer sure!

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "If we don't put a stop to this fighting, we're going to have to build bigger rinks" - Harry Neale

Wow line brwal..Clarkson left the bench to engage in a fight...Kessel fought and won IMO, Kessel did swing his stick at Scott twice, hopefully he doesnt get suspended..There was a solid 3 min of fighting.. What a great night..Bernier beat Millers arse...Ya baby

GO LEAFS GO!!!!

Players leaving bench to fight, Kessel swinging his stick, goon hockey only the way the laffs can do it. After all, if you suck at hockey, might as well be the embarrassment of the league all the way around.

Matt

Don't be surprised when the Leafs stomp Your beloved Sens into a pile of red goo then. :D

Are you guys actually proud of Kessel running around like a coward hitting and spearing guys who have their back turned to him with his stick?

Really????

:dunno:

I mean like, cmon, I razz about the laffs but that was truly just wrong.

I hope the league gives him 20 games

Edited by muskymatt

Matt

Don't be surprised when the Leafs stomp Your beloved Sens into a pile of red goo then. :D

I think fighting belongs in the league, it has it's place if done right. But that will have all the do gooders screaming to have it removed. That was just wrong , especially in pre season.

If that's all the laffs have to go on then you guys are in for a long, brutally painful season.

Your hate for the Leafs goes a little beyond rediculous. Most of us are just trying to have a little fun with this. Being a sports fan just gives most of us an out for the everyday pressures of life.

Your hate for the Leafs goes a little beyond rediculous. Most of us are just trying to have a little fun with this. Being a sports fan just gives most of us an out for the everyday pressures of life.

As am I Dan. If you read more into it than that then you are taking it too seriously.

I stand by my comments about Kessel though.

Seems to be more and more sop for the laffs these days and I don't think it will benefit the team or the league.

jmo

As am I Dan. If you read more into it than that then you are taking it too seriously.

I stand by my comments about Kessel though.

Seems to be more and more sop for the laffs these days and I don't think it will benefit the team or the league.

jmo

Read my comments above about Kessel. I don't watch the game through rose colored glasses.