Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

You guys are incredible!!!

Tell me when was the last time the leafs drafted such a talented offensive player? And when was the last leaf to score 2 hat tricks in half a season?

This guy is the real deal, he should of been playing with the leafs the year he was drafted, his agent just wants fair market value for his client, look at other young players in the NHL that put up similar numbers in half a season, and see what they're getting paid.

He's has what cherry calls "magic hands", is quick on his skates, and has a mean side to him. This kid has heart and has done everything the leafs have asked of him since day 1.

I hope for 1 of 3 things;

1. He holds out and the leafs tank the first part of the season.... You can bet he'll get what he wants then

2. A team signs him to an offer sheet, and give up a 1st and 3rd rd pick in next years draft.... Totally worth it for this caliber of player

3. Leafs trade him and see him flourish with another team, which we leaf fans have seen before.... Many times over.

The leafs seriously screwed with this guy since drafting him, and I hope he screws them back.

:clapping:

right on !!!!

the Leafs give up Tuuka Rask for Andrew Raycroft and all you guys can talk about is how Kadri is not worth it ?

besides Lupul and Reimer he is the only shimmer of immediate talent the Leafs have

If he settles for a 1 yr with less money he can walk at the end of the season and there will be lots teams willing to pay up.

You still praising Alfie Matt?

You can't argue with the fact he gave it his all while he was here. I think both sides dropped the ball during the resigning negotiations, it definitely could have ended better. That said, Alfie made Ottawa his home for 17 years, was excellent with the community and doesn't owe us anything. I wish him all the best and will fondly remember all the good times. I look forward to the day we see his number in the rafters.

I'm also happy all the laff fans will now be booing Detroit, at least until the end of the regular season, at which point the laffs will be riding the pine again! :clapping::rofl2::w00t:

This whole Kadri thing is more about Bob Mackenzie shooting his mouth off about what he thinks the offers have been versus what they actually have been.

I haven't seen any information from Kadri nor the leafs what the offers have been. I can't see whay anyone would put fault on a guy for wanting term in a deal.If you think he isn't good enough to play for the next 5 years then trade him. If you do get some value for him. The reality is the leafs have two guys worth more than the 5 mil in cap space that they have. They need to short change someone.I would have no issues with offering 3-4 million per year for 5 years to kadri, but that only leave a mil per year for franson. Perhaps the leafs think Bolland is a better player. What will happen is Bolland will slide into the 2 spot when he is percect as the 3. center. Kadri is a great second line center. Energy player, gritty, will attract power plays, can put the puck in the net, too weak on defense to be the number 1. Makes a great fit imo. Kadri and Bolland as 2 and 3. would be great, then the top spot needs to be evauluated. With the changes in net I really like that. I think the leafs will be an improved team over last year and last year they surpassed everyones expectations.

Do I think kadri is the next Gretzky? No. Do I thnk is a good player, on the upswing with loads of pure hockey tallent. Yes I do. I would hate to see him traded to another team.

^^ the No.1 spot was evaluated and Bozak was thrown big dollars + term. The Kadri camp may not have much bargaining power as RFA, but they certainly can argue that if Bozak was thrown that contract, then Kadri deserves a significant upgrade.

There's no more money to spend. That there is the biggest issue.

Then you shoulda signed Alfie. The greatest hockey player in the history of the universe. I think Alfie left Ottawa just because of you.

lol that's funny...As far as the Sens and Kadri.. get out the offer sheet..I think the Leafs will send Liles to the Marlies to free up some space..That will free up some coin to get franson and kadri signed...

Then you shoulda signed Alfie. The greatest hockey player in the history of the universe. I think Alfie left Ottawa just because of you.

LOL Yup. all because of little ol me!!

Never said he was the greatest player in the history of the universe, that was Gretzky. Remember him? The guy who high sticked Tucker and then scored the GWG to send the laffs packing the golf bags ,,,,bwahahaahaha :rofl2::w00t::rofl2:

Just another of many player to unset the laffy fans and give them reason to hate others. Not the fact the laffs suck but every body else is to blame. It must be a conspiracy. :rofl2::whistling:

Lmao... Last season isn't an accurate way to judge any team/player.

He has a decent 1/2 season and he demands $7million. Then again for being one of the most arrogant guys in the league, not shocked.

You're so far out in left field I can barely even see you.