Mother Nature doesn't like me!

Big Cliff

Ok, so in the past couple of years;

11 years ago a storm came through here and tore some tarps off our roof when some contractors were doing renovations for us and at 3 am we were filling buckets of water from the leaks in the roof, we had a bunch of water damage.

5 years ago a storm took down a huge Manitoba maple and caused quite a bit of damage to our garage.

last winter I put my ice hut out on Saturday. Saturday night 90k+ winds relocated the ice hut, I found it two days later all smashed up.

This spring a storm took down a huge pine tree, unfortunatly my beautiful deer stand was attached and ended up under the pine tree in a pile of rubble. I had spent hours building that deer stand and putting a roof on it so I could finally be comfortable when I went deer hunting this fall.

This summer, the first time Sue and I have had a vacation in years, a storm destroyed our boathouse. It ended up in the neighbors yard on it's side. We ended up having to cut our vacation short and coming home early. It is going to cost thousands of $ to fix (thank god for insurance).

imagejpeg_2.jpg

All I want to know is what the heck I did to tick her off?

Edited by Big Cliff

Wow that is a horrible string of weather calamities... Seems like the weather is getting worse all over Ontario too. I had a huge branch that would of totalled my car fall just a foot from it Thursday night. I have never seen winds that strong from that direction in the 15yrs I have lived here, mainly because the surrounding buildings usually block wind from even hitting the tree not this time though.

That is rough.

Your poor boat. And I remember it was a nice one.

Is it a write off too?

Landry

LOL no, as bad as it looks, the boat ended up being fine. The marine railway protected it. There were a few small rubs on the side of it from the kayack I was storing for a friend but I've seen lots of worse cases of dock rash. I lost a bit of gas but that was it!

Poor boat. That pic looks nasty.

Does your insurance go up when you claim something like that? And do you write the smaller things off such as your ice hut and deer stand too, or just take the blow out of your pocket?

If your insurance premiums rise in cost because of a claim, it's no longer called insurance. It's called a medium term loan.