Home from Lakair

lew

Mornin boyz

My wife and I got home last night from our annual June trip to Lakair on the West Arm of Nippissing and as usual, we had a great week.

Sad part is I've got a messed up shoulder so I'm kinda limited to only casting big baits for a couple hours a day but I still can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be.

The weather was great all week and the only rain we had was late last Sunday.

Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday was sunny, clear, really hot and a strong wind from the west and I never saw a musky.

Thursday was much cooler with a cloud cover and the wind was now blowing strong from the east which I always prefer and we headed out at 8:00 AM

About an hour into the day I had a follow from a big fish but after following my figure 8 around for a couple turns she disappeared. We drifted and kept casting for another 100' or so and another pretty lady started chasing down my bait, this time much more aggressively. She followed it hard for about 4 turns on the 8 then opened up and hammered it.

It's always a blast when they hit hard right beside the boat and my partner got her in the net fast and to make things even better, the bait fell out in the net.

I seldom measure a fish and never weigh them but I'm guessing this girl is somewhere around the 50" mark, give or take.

033-001.jpg

Yesterday was nice again with some cloud and a strong wind from the east so I headed out for a couple hours. I had another fish about the same size follow me in but didn't take the bait and then awhile later I hooked into another one but lost her after a couple strong headshakes...oh well, it happens :lol:

Anyways, that's how I spent last week and we'll be heading back up in August for another 2 weeks.

And anyone who's ever been to the West Arm has enjoyed the gorgeous sunrises.

014-1-1.jpg

015-3.jpg

011-4.jpg

Hey Lew, sorry we missed you folks this year. Glad to see you had some action. The temps were heating up when we left and figured you'd be in for some hot days. That 39 I got, may have been the that followed me in about an hour or so before - in the same general area. I hope they're still hungry in a few weeks. Going up myself this time. Gotta learn how to take a self pic - just in case. :-)

nothin more exciting then boatside strikes on the 8, especially watchin her for a few turns to boot.

Best part was my partner for the day had never been in a boat when a musky was caught, specially boatside on an 8, so it was really good for him.

Great fish Lew! I have yet to hook into a Muskie this year. I'm having a bad year I guess. The table will turn soon enough though, got a few destinations coming up.

Nothing beats R&R and then getting out for a couple hours of prime time fishing.

Cheers, Ron...

So sorry we missed you Lew. We waited around after we were all packed and ready, but decided the drive ahead better get under way. Gonna miss those pickled beets :(

What a gorgeous fish, glad you got a nice one in the boat. I thought about you all week in the heat and humidity, but I bet Diane made it chair in the water day every day :clapping:

We will have to hook up this year. We are going in July again as you know, but have another week planned for camping up there, so we'll try to coordinate it with the days you will be there :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks guys

Joey, we'll be back up August 10-24 and it'd be great to see you guys again.

Don't worry about the beets either cause Diane left a couple jars of stuff for you with Leslie for when you head up in a couple weeks.

And Kevin, sorry I corrupted your employee, but I did explain to him that musky fish'n is far more important than working :lol:

Joey, we'll be back up August 10-24 and it'd be great to see you guys again.

Don't worry about the beets either cause Diane left a couple jars of stuff for you with Leslie for when you head up in a couple weeks.

Woohooo, please give her a big hug for me Lew, that is awesome.

I'll see if we can coordinate the same time in August for sure!!! Gotta check with "da boss" at our jobs and see if it is doable :)