"Weird" Catches

My buddies ear lobe when I was a kid. I was with another buddy one time when he hooked a piece of line and proceeded to bring in a rod and reel. Happy with that, he next started to hand line the hook end of the outfit and found himself in a battle with a huge pike. He did manage to hand line it. 46", and released.

Ice fishing Simcoe got a 3 foot piece of evesthrough filled with mud, heavy sucker and a rock covered in fossils which I wanted to keep but lost it in the snow and eventually went back down :(

A friend of mine caught a guy's waders on the Geen a few yards down from him, the caughty wasn't happy at a with a #3 Mepps tugging on his waders, not to mention the hole!

2 odd ones.

A telephone line off the bottom of the lake. Was able to pull it up to the boat and unhook it.

In Florida last December I was fishing for bass in a small pond I accidentally snagged about a 3 foot gator. Thankfully he got off after about 30 seconds. Not sure what would have happened if I would of got her in.

Well...
1. Lassoed a White sucker... the line wrapped around the tail of the fish and the hook snagged the line. Landed it too.

2. Painted turtle

3. Water Snake

4. Caught a nice spinner, the lure, in some fast moving water

5. White sucker snagged in the butthole.

When I lived in Australia I caught a lobster in a river (maybe it was a huge crayfish) I hae a picture of it somewhere

I caught several knot eels (these things tie themselves in a knot when you bring them onboard.. really weird!)

I caught a 7-8ft marlin on a 5 inch frozen pilchard. I obvioulsly did not land it on my 7ft medium action spinning rod rigged with 12 pound test.

I also caught a duck. That was a good fight as it went airborn. The duck atually broke me off so I never landed it.

My buddy also hooked a Merganser while fishing topwater at night. Crazy fight but I managed to get the hook free.

I caught this thing off a pier in Cuba and nobody knows what it is to date! A half fish/snake thing about 30" long with a ton of small human like teeth...cant figure out how to post a pic or i would

Sounds like a snakehead.

Edited by Lape0019

I caught this thing off a pier in Cuba and nobody knows what it is to date! A half fish/snake thing about 30" long with a ton of small human like teeth...cant figure out how to post a pic or i would

Sounds like a lizard fish.

Edited by timmeh

Yes I have also caught carp while trolling worm harnesses as well as lots of big channel cats in the Ottawa !!!!!! Have even caught whitefish while trolling harnesses as well and once when I was running a salmon charter boat I had a big planner board out about 100ft off the side and didn't know it then but there was a picnic table floating right side up about 6inches under the surface and the board went right overtop of it and all the line and lure got tangled up in the table !!!!! what the hell. That was fun .... But we got everything back !!!!! Good job it was just trolling would not have wanted to hit that at speed !!!!!!! Always lots of things to watch out for .....

A garbage bag puts up a great fight on a windy day!

When I was young fishing with my Dad one night I was casting off minnows like crazy. I was going through our bait stash fast and my dad was getting a little ticked off so the last minnow I cast off, I acted like nothing happened and left the hook out there empty. I reeled in awhile later and found a small fish around 4in hooked through the top lip perfectly which stayed on the hook forever after that. Thought that was crazy when I was younger, still find it funny.

Other than that hooked a few anchors, one or two old rods, snagged line with salmon and trout on them and released them, snapping turtle, loon chasing baits to the boat (still fretting the day one eats it), seagulls on topwater, once broke off a little crazy pike on a husky jerk and caught it the next day. One year in the spring I started hitting a few bullheads on gliding raps over this weed bed which I found a bit weird considering the size of the lure, and didn't know the lake had them.