Rain boots or shoes what do you use

Handlebarz

I am a barefoot fisherman but when it's raining I don't want to have soaked feet this year. What do you all use for keeping your feet dry when fishing in the rain. I don't mean waders or just rubber boots I will be in the boat and need to be comfortable.

The last few years I just got wet feet from wearing tennis shoes. This year I have gotten sick of being wet and cold and just ordered a bps 100mph rain suit. To compliment the suit, I am planning on buying a set of of Soloman shoes like these that are made with gore tex to be waterproof yet still breathable.

http://www.gore-tex.com/product/salomon-exit-2-gtx-shoe/1324239403453/

Hopefully I am done with being wet while fishing in the rain!!!!

Adam

I bought a pair of Gortex lined Kadiak brand hunting boots about 15 years ago. They look like work boots but are very light and comfortable. They were pricey, about $300.00, but have paid off for me. Downside is that they are very warm and your feet could get overheated in warm weather. Fortunately that's rarely an issue for me.

either sandles or a pair of $7 swimming shoes from canadian tire, mesh top with a rubber sole, i also use em for wet wading in august an september. that way you're feet aren't sweating an you don't have to worry about stepping on a misplace hook

If I'm alone in the boat in warm weather it's usually bare feet, anyone else along and I'll put on sandals. When the weather gets cold it's either my Gortex lined Soloman hiking boots or the lined rubber boots.

I have a pair of work boots that is rated for chemical spills and has steel toe protection. I know it's overkill, but I don't have a need for them anymore as they were for my previous job when I did have to go in a dangerous area. it is waterproof of course, I have used them a couple of times this year very comfy and always have dry feet. Not to mention if something tried to bite my toes they are in for a treat. :stretcher:

when it's warm i go barefoot or sandals..

when it's cold i have waterproof goretex socks and wear them alone, in sandals or in whatever footwear.

Edited by Raf

For jumping in and out of the canoe, or wading in the water for fishing, or to put the outboard on the back of the inflatable, I just buy those cheap $10 running shoes at WalMart, the ones with the velcro closures. They only last a season but at that price who cares? Can't find an on-line link, but they're on the shelf.

Oops, didn't notice you wanted to keep your feet dry, just assumed that it's pretty well impossible when fishing. :P

Edited by Dave Bailey

I wear Merrell hikers with goretex - awesome and around $150.

I bought a pair of the waterproof but not goretex Merrells the year before - HORRIBLE - and almost as expensive! Waterproof is useless if it is not breathable!!! You get wet from the inside!!!

Pete