The Beasts Are Back.

Rich

Every spring I forget the most thrilling, terrifying, hardest fighting and therefore world's greatest sport fish. It took a lot of trout and OOS bass to go through, i thought i lost my chance at this rare and elusive catch after six hours with nothing but trout to show for my efforts. Then it happened. Minnow down in a tree, boom, SMASH... The fight, the legacy, forever: WGSF

IMAG0436_20130427182415665_zps099cff3e.j

OK big guy I give, forgive my ignorance, I hate acronyms, what is WGSF?????? Looks like a Rock Bass to me, but my eyes just ain't what they used to be. BYW, is that by the way, needed to order a battery this week, I haven't forgotten about our outing kid. Did get to the USS creek, 1/2 bucket of nice Bullheads. Golf is getting in the way!! Can't make any money fishin'.

WGSF = World's greatest sport fish. I believe Rich is credited with coining the phrase as he's the master rocky fooler. :)

I could be wrong (I am once in a while) but I thought Pigeonfisher was the original champ and first to wear the belt, n'est pas?

Yup Steve was the WGSF champ... he and I also arranged the first swill! mostly on his part though...

anyone remember the we will fish at Bronte and hit the firehall for wings in the very beginning? then it turned into lets just get drunk and eat the wings of feathered foul..

Hence the swill came to existence!

hell we even had a website! it was memorable... dedicated to fishing, chicken wings and copious amounts of beer...

Ahhh the good old days....

Remember Lakair when Steve emptied out his families cottage of booze because they were selling it? he slept with his head outside of tent that night! LOL

Steve is/was an awesome member of this site, funny as hell

I wonder how the skinny IQ challenged is doing now

G

Edited by Gerritt

They were a gleesome threesome for sure! They were forever on the lookout for a "upwind" tent. :D Steve's wedding band is still buried somewhere at Lakair. It would be great to find it, shine it up and send it back to him. :)

There's someone up on the Blast Furnace charging platform, elevation 1072 feet above sea level having a beer watching the sun set, that's what firewatch is. Now that's something I can testify to as an expert witness.

I thought I invented the phrase wanna be in the early 80's and still contend that I did. The wheel was simultaneously invented by 2 separate cavemen and each one takes credit for it, Cavemen Goodyear and Firestone. So maybe they both came up with WGSF, or someone's wrong.

Also I'll take a bucket of nice size Rockies any day, just make sure you have a good sharp knife.

Edited by Old Ironmaker