Holy High Water levels

Big Cliff

Here's a few pics I took at Burliegh Falls earlier this morning.

The water is high, fast & furious

014.jpg

013.jpg

009-2.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

001-3.jpg

And sadly, the garbage pigs need to ruin every beautiful spot they can. :wallbash:

008-2.jpg

Here's a few pics I took at Burliegh Falls earlier this morning.

The water is high, fast & furious

014.jpg

013.jpg

009-2.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

001-3.jpg

And sadly, the garbage pigs need to ruin every beautiful spot they can. :wallbash:

008-2.jpg

Looks like great water for the kayakers Lew :good:...Too bad about the garbage though... :jerry:

My aunt lives in Bala and has been putting up similar looking pics on her FB. She is actually stranded at her house on the moon river right now because the road out washed away, and i doubt she'd try boating into town right now!

Sturgeon Lake is easily 2' above normal right now. The point over at the marina is under water right now, I haven't seen that in the 12 years we've been living here.

It got higher today. The Kawartha Lakes website stated that it will keep rising into next week.

Edited by manjo39

The water levels don't appear to be as high...yet...as a couple years back.

This is a picture I took of the locks at Yonges Point 2 or 3 years ago and you can see the water is right up to the top of the cement wall where the boats tie up waiting to pass thru.

Cnv0063.jpg

And this is the same lock yesterday, the water is probably a foot higher than normal but still alot lower then before.

017.jpg

016.jpg

And this is the dam at Yonges Point yesterday.

015.jpg

All this massive amount of water heading south thru the Kawarthas has to funnel thru the narrow Ottonabee River from Lakefield down to Rice Lake and it's a real balancing act for those in charge. If they let too much water thru at once they flood the homes on the river, and if they don't let enough thru, they flood the area north.