Softwater Watch 2013

jedimaster

Lake Erie is ice free until you get to ice booms in Buffalo and that includes the inner bay of Long Point, the Grand River is free of ice as well from the Caledonia Dam to Port Maitland. All ice gone on the Niagara peninsula including Hamilton Harbor.

Hasn't been ice on the southern shore of Lake O for a while.... Now let's just get that water heated up a bit for spring kings!

Just got a report from the Algonquin Park area from the weekend . Opeongo still has 15-18" of ice and all ponds and streams in area were still locked up, as well the park is expecting 10-20 cm of snow this week . Any interior trips planned for Algonquin come the opener at this point will probably be in jeopardy :angry: Locals in the area are still calling for a first week of May ice out . No reports from the Parry Sound - Dunchurch area but should have something in the next couple days !

One positive out of this is no blackflies for the May long weekend :clapping:

May 1st is opener.. have a birthday boy we need to get out there that day. Issue might be... we can't get boats in as the water is still 3 feet below datum !

Just amagine what you could do Wayne,if you had a helicopter.. LOL

Just received an update on Algonquin Park ice conditions today and they are reporting that Opeongo and surrounding lakes still have 10-18" of ice and is still locked to shore . Bigger rivers have opened up but the smaller ones are still frozen . The guys that run the water taxi on Opeongo say "not a chance" will the ice be gone come opener ,still calling for ice out in the first week of May. No reports from any where else yet but when I hear anything I will post .

Curious if anyone can provide Minden Haliburton updates?

We are right on the edge. Most lakes - except where there is good current - are still ice covered, but very dark. I went to check Koshlong yesterday, and it was just coming off the banks.

If we get 2 days of good winds, it will start to break up fast. We have 3 days of 30 Km/h forecasted.

We are right on the edge. Most lakes - except where there is good current - are still ice covered, but very dark. I went to check Koshlong yesterday, and it was just coming off the banks.

If we get 2 days of good winds, it will start to break up fast. We have 3 days of 30 Km/h forecasted.

Thanks sd, this is something i can get exited about!

Parry Sound - Dunchurch area lakes are still ice covered and locked to shore except for current areas that have opened up in the last week . Reports of 6-10" of ice on area lakes . Algonquin , well all I can say is forget the opener . Opeongo and surrounding lakes are still being reported with 10-14" of ice as well add all the washout problems in the park :o