Cant stop breaking stuff!

limeyangler

Its been an expensive year for breakages.

1 totem fibreglass toboggan

1 otter sleigh

1 pair of Sorel boots

1 iceducer

1 electric visor

1 pfleuger supreme reel

And now......on the way to a lake this afternoon......the tie down strings on my new Totem toboggan gave way and lost the whole contents on the ice. managed to find it all even though i did not notice it had gone for over 3 miles!

Unfortunately 2 x $35 icerods are toast....as is my auger (I think its fixable though)....ho hum....

To top it off i skunked

But it was a glorious ride in....love living up here....even if i cant stop breaking my stuff....lol.

Ride into the lake this evening

I am constantly looking in my mirrors so I don't lose my stuff.

I also stop a lot to check my gear.

The only thing that broke so far this year is my recoil on my auger (still managed to make it work for the day though).

Oh, almost forgot, had a giant pike break my heart when the drag froze!!! :(

I had to run back some 9km's on Simcoe a few weeks ago when my sled came undone, lol!! I had $3,000 worth of camera gear in there, not to mention all of my fishing stuff (graph, etc). It was just there sitting on the ice waiting for me.. That could have been bad! I even found the pin that came undone.. Talk about lucky.

I had to run back some 9km's on Simcoe a few weeks ago when my sled came undone, lol!! I had $3,000 worth of camera gear in there, not to mention all of my fishing stuff (graph, etc). It was just there sitting on the ice waiting for me.. That could have been bad! I even found the pin that came undone.. Talk about lucky.

Paying close attention were ya Bill? :D

I lot my sled 2 weeks ago and had to run back a whole 100 yards!!!! :tease::tease::tease:

Yes, I founf my pin too. :D

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. This gear we buy is expensive enough without having to purchase it twice. I always tie/strap items down minmum 2 tie down points, then I still stop to ensure nothing has escaped. Just a quick tip. I fabricated an aluminum rack for the rear of my ATV. I have a plywood box for storing all my gear. I hate ratchet straps with a passion. So I mounted turnbuckles on all 4 corners of the box, snug them down, good to go. Make sure you use a lock nut on the turnbuckles, otherwise they will vibrate loose. Hope this tip helps.

Believe me....i tie down my stuff thrice over and then some.

Problem this time was that the rope through the sides which acts like the harness points snapped....it was brand new....just one of those things.....undetectable till it gave way.

I too check my mirrors more often than i need....this time though i was on a groomed trail so was a little more confident than usual and probably did not check for 4 or 5 minutes.....not that checking the mirrors would have prevented anything anyway

Just one of those things.....never lost a load from a toboggan before, I fish 3 times a week all winter too, one of those things. gonna replace the rope harness things with some better rope than it came with, using individual loops, so if one goes the whole lot aint done!

I

Pray you and Terry never get together..... :w00t::D

X 2 lol mirrors are good lol glad I am not alone and they think income tax season hurts :tease::tease:

Like my wife says at the end of every season,,,,,,,,,,,"and those fish cost you a $150.00 a pound?" lol :whistling::whistling:

I bet you have already sent a wish list to Santa for next Christmas :clapping:

I feel your pain!

Last weekend on Gibson, I looked back to see my Auger flying thru the air, along with about $1500 worth of gear. The deep power was a blessing, and a curse. I cushioned the blow, so nothing was damaged. But I spent 5 minutes digging thru the snow looking for my stuff!

I went to a buddy's place on Family day for a Laker trip. After unloading my sled from the trailer I pulled up to his house. Got all our gear together then took off for the trail. When I backed up in his driveway I found his wife's Volvo. OUCH. $678 was the repair cost for the front quarter panel and paint job.

Well this year hasnt cost me to mutch money other than breaking my daughters new rod and my favorate rod :angry:

But I have had 2 whitefish lost so you might say my confidence is shaken if not broken :wallbash:

But we have a few days left on Simcoe so heres hoping :good:

Good luck out there.

I lost a bunch of gear over the years and flipped a sled countless times... Just invested in a proper tow bar package last year and a good sled with a cover and havent lost anything yet. It was very expensive, but should last a lifetime. Saving one flasher or a nice reel and rod makes it worth it though. And now i fly on the ice at speeds i never dreamed of before while towing!