eastern huntshow bans assault weapons

chessy

The millitary is responsable for probably most of modern civilisations advancements but that is not the piont to this trhead?

I thougt we wre talking abuot guns?

And what should be done in order to stop people that shouldnt have them?

With all due respect, the founding fathers did not protect our gun rights so that we could hunt deer and squirrels.

There that word again.... "Rights"

The general populations sense of self entitlement is very twisted. A country can still be a Democracy without everyone thinking they have the right do do whatever they want. If a desicion has to be made by government that can save lives, and no one suffers because of it... Well then screw the so called "rights"

Would he nice if people werent so selfish, and thought about others for once. So you cant go to the range with an AK-47, or shoot deer with an AR-15... Man that would be absolutely terrible! Depressing...

BTW, its the same sense of self entitlement that is behind Idle No More. If people would lose the attitude, and ridiculous sense of rights, then our countries could be much nicer places.....

I shake my head....

65% of Americans are white..

Over 98% of NRA members are white...

Really, how is this not black and and white issue?

If the Republicans, who are strongly pro military must then attack the goverment who then must attack the heavitly armed white popuation armed with military rifles?

Then, is not the U.S. Military fighting its own wonderful and fully armed Republican citiizens?... And then, would not large numbers of the military have to defect to save its own ass?

Meanwhile.. large numbers of deer are all standing on the sidelines... laughing their heads off..... !!!

:canadian:

There seems to be a big trend of non hunters getting guns to just shoot stuff for fun. Most of the guns they consider FUN are not typical hunting guns. I was at ellwood epps getting my hunting rifle fixed and while I was there they sold a couple tactical shotguns. There was even an older lady that asked " Lets say the BOMB drops and I have to defend myself and property what gun should I buy if I have to kill a human?." I gues it is called the HUNTSHOW not the SHOOTSTUFFSHOW.

I don't think it's worth the effort and expense for Obama to try and tighten gun laws, bad guys are going to get retricted/ prohibited firearms regardless of legislation. The US is already teeming with guns

Obama's motives may include his own popularity though

not quite yet I guess

Edited by chris.brock

I shake my head....

65% of Americans are white..

Over 98% of NRA members are white...

Really, how is this not black and and white issue?

If the Republicans, who are strongly pro military must then attack the goverment who then must attack the heavitly armed white popuation armed with military rifles?

Then, is not the U.S. Military fighting its own wonderful and fully armed Republican citiizens?... And then, would not large numbers of the military have to defect to save its own ass?

Meanwhile.. large numbers of deer are all standing on the sidelines... laughing their heads off..... !!!

:canadian:

LMAO, America was founded by revolutionairies that were bent about England taking their tax dollars? The mix in the slave owners? The founders may have been hung if the revolutionary war had gone the other way? The slaves may have revolted against their masters if the masters weren`t armed? Hmmm... a well armed militia? to protect them?

It`s bad enough most Americans don`t trust their government, but put a black man in charge of said governnment? Chaos! We have no lions or tigers and few bears, but a black man is going to take your guns? Oh my!

The gun stores are packed, when sales start dropping? Just start a new rumor to boost them again!

With all due respect, the founding fathers did not protect our gun rights so that we could hunt deer and squirrels.

With all due respect when the founding fathers put in the gun laws the worst you had to worry about was a musket its a little different than what is on the market today ya think?

It's more than just regular gun owners who are under attack from the anti's agenda.. Paintball guns were almost classed as a firearm since if you modified it and used something other than paintballs, you could attain velocities oer 500fps.We were able to fight that one off but I know it was with the support of a lot firearm rights groups.

Strength in numbers aginst the idiocy.

A large percentage of people who play paintball enjoy using "mil-sim" paintball guns, some of which are so realistic looking(RAP4) that you can not get them shipped to Canada. Stores up here were allowed to sell their stock out and now you can only get accessories in Canada.

Personaly I enjoyed shooting a Ruger .22 with pistol grip, folding stock, dot scope, and the 50rnd. clip. when I was young, it was fun for shooting targets, but I don't understand how they can class that as an assault weapon, just because of cosmetic changes.

Rails, shrouds, flash suppressors, colapsible stocks, ect. don't change the action of the firearm, just it's displacement value.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

the problem with the gun control debate is that it is perpetuated by the extremists. on one hand you have those with ZERO education regarding firearms who feel that law abiding citizens shouldn't own "weapons". on the other side you have fringe lunatics who think that every effort to curb gun violence is some kind of an affront to their civil rights. realistically both these segments of the population are NUTS, self righteous, and refuse to see any other point of view other than their own. i'd like to think a majority of us sit somewhere in the rational space between the two.

the problem with the gun control debate is that it is perpetuated by the extremists. on one hand you have those with ZERO education regarding firearms who feel that law abiding citizens shouldn't own "weapons". on the other side you have fringe lunatics who think that every effort to curb gun violence is some kind of an affront to their civil rights. realistically both these segments of the population are NUTS, self righteous, and refuse to see any other point of view other than their own. i'd like to think a majority of us sit somewhere in the rational space between the two.

That, THAT is what I think!

The millitary is responsable for probably most of modern civilisations advancements but that is not the piont to this trhead?

I thougt we wre talking abuot guns?

And what should be done in order to stop people that shouldnt have them?

Actually the OP was about assault weapons being banned from a hunting show.