Ice reports

slightlyhuman

Don't think I'll be out past fox but I bet the parts of kemp. Will be a complete zoo like last year. Time will tell I would love to get out around BBP . There's gotta be some fat whites in there without the cull from last winter. I bet there craving Williams spoons as well since they haven't seen one in years.

Edited by Freshtrax

Don't think I'll be out past fox but I bet the parts of kemp. Will be a complete zoo like last year. Time will tell I would love to get out around BBP . There's gotta be some fat whites in there without the cull from last winter. I bet there craving Williams spoons as well since they haven't seen one in years.

Everyone thought the spring would be a slam because of the lack of pressure due to bad ice last year and it wasn't, who knows what those stupid things are up to, lol...

We need the winds to stay calm for a few days, even with this cold weather, no ice is going to form with 30km/h winds.. I'm guessing maybe 1st week of Feb if the winds die down.

Edited by BillM

A buddy of mine put the beatdown on perch yesterday.

That crazy guy was on 6" of black ice...what a doorknob!

It wasn't until I read the previous posts that I recognised the sarcasm. I was about to write back that 6" of black ice is pretty darn safe. lol

I ran a lap of Sturgeon Lake today on the sled. Worst ice I drilled was 4" of black ice with 3" of corn. Some places were >6" of good clear black ice. There's no open water in the channel at the South end. Last year, the channel never froze over for more than a night or 2.

Everyone thought the spring would be a slam because of the lack of pressure due to bad ice last year and it wasn't, who knows what those stupid things are up to, lol...

We need the winds to stay calm for a few days, even with this cold weather, no ice is going to form with 30km/h winds.. I'm guessing maybe 1st week of Feb if the winds die down.

I'm pretty sure I can convince a few to come to the surface and I'm fairly confident ill be getting out to an outa the way honey hole on sat.

Hey Brian Its time for some real fishing!! I have had enough of the Perch for now!!

-30 this morning. You can bet is thickening up good and fast. Saturday is looking like big fish day.

Have you looked at next weeks forcast,hate to say,but here comes another warm front.Then again,it may just be a scare tatic.LOL

The south channel froze over because there's no current because they already drained all the water out of Scugog...

:santa: The T-S guys have definitely been diddling water levels more this winter than last. Not sure why. They're going to wear out the stop logs in Lindsay.

Got out one day before the cold moved in. Ice was forming all around me...scared the s**t out of me few times. Its really not that pleasant standing on a frozen river as you hear the ice crack right underneath your legs.

Managed to get some Perch, even bothered taking a pic of one.

IMG_20130118_160043.jpg

Also got a baby pike, thought i had nice walleye one for a minute until that snout popped out through the hole.....almost disappointing lol.

IMG_20130118_163433.jpg

Down the hole it goes to live another day and get even bigger.

IMG_20130118_163444.jpg

Tight lines

Marko