Your fav Xmas drink

wormdunker

Down south due to the lack of ice (no fishing) & really close to Christmas I decided to share the recipe for my favourite Christmas drink. Caesars!!

1 glass 8 oz

rim this glass with the juice from a slice of lime

then roll the glass in clamato rimmer to have an even coating of rimmer around the circumference of the glass

pour in 1 1/2 oz vodka - preferably "Grey Goose"

Add approximately 1/2 cup of regular Clamato juice

Add 3 medium sized ice cubes

After adding the ice add 3 drops of tobasco sauce

then add 4 drops of worcestershire sauce

Add 1 olive -the type stuffed with a garlic clove

Stir this mixture

sprinkle black pepper on top of the liquids

add a celery stalk for appearance OR 1 of Matt & Steves "extreme beans"

ENJOY

What is your favourite Christmas drink?

I've been drinking Granville Island Winter Ale... it's a hearty beer with lots of flavour, and seems fitting for the season.

Tradition at the Caster house is hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks

30 year old Cask strength Brora single malt whiskey, beer is for "whats another name for Cats" LOL :sarcasm:

Edited by UglyBug

Right now, finishing off wine with my wife after an amazing steak dinner. Listening to Zach Brown Band.

Love Moosehead anytime, Forty Creek, Glenfiddich with a cigar around a campfire.

Reflecting on all the things to be thankfull for tonight... So happy to live in Canada.

Merry Christmas OFC members !

Seizures are for ice fishing in a weekender hut, ask anyone I have enjoyed the company with on how i make them. Shaved ice with a spud is the key ingredient! :thumbsup_anim:

I practice the night before, making B52's, take about 8 of em to get it perfected. We have the family come to our house Christmas morning where we watch our all growed up now kids, open their presents. afterwards, I make everyone breakfast to their order. Anything from strawberry, blueberry or peach crepes to omelets to eggs Benedict. Along with breakfast though, is B52's. They go great with a coffee chaser!

Fav Christmas drink would be eggnog with a good splash of spiced rum in it. You can drink beer any time. Rum and eggnog comes only during the holidays.

X4.

Craig have you tried the Silver spiced Captain Morgans. I have not., but I know many travelers who are very happy it is available in Canada now. I will wait to try it with my homegrown mint in Mojitos in the summer at the cottage.

As far as the rum and eggnog goes...don't ever forget the nutmeg either :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Down south due to the lack of ice (no fishing) & really close to Christmas I decided to share the recipe for my favourite Christmas drink. Caesars!!

1 glass 8 oz

then roll the glass in clamato rimmer to have an even coating of rimmer around the circumference of the glass

Stir this mixture

ENJOY

Wormdunker if you love Ceasar's I have a suggestion for a garish that is way better then the standard celery stalk. Get a good dill pickle...vlasic's Zesty dill is my fav and slice it length wise almost all the way through...wooden cloth pin effect...and stick that mother over the edge of your rimmed glass. Now THAT is a Ceasar garnish.

1 glass 8 oz

Stir this mixture

ENJOY

I use a home made peppered vodka for my wife's Caesars. Just add some slightly crushed pepper corns to vodka and let it sit for a week, swirl the bottle a few times during the week. Strain the vodka through cheese cloth and use. BTW does not taste good in screwdrivers. :stretcher:

Edited by kickingfrog

All great suggestions. I am about to have another Appleton and Eggnog.

Tomorrow night will be filled with phone calls, Skype and other to family in the east coast along with an assortment of single malts.

Merry Christmas everyone. Stay safe and don't get run over by reindeer.

Fav Christmas drink would be eggnog with a good splash of spiced rum in it. You can drink beer any time. Rum and eggnog comes only during the holidays.

Extra thick with a good dash of nutmeg.

Of course there is the love affair with traditional nordic brandies like Peder Heering, Lapponia, and the odd splash of Aqvavit

I can tell you up front and personal... if you ever drove a milk truck, you'd never drink Eggnog! :whistling:

El Dorado Silver Deluxe and diet Pepsi for me... Thank God no local LCBO store stocks the stuff or the bottle wouldn't last as long!

Edited by irishfield

Wormdunker if you love Ceasar's I have a suggestion for a garish that is way better then the standard celery stalk. Get a good dill pickle...vlasic's Zesty dill is my fav and slice it length wise almost all the way through...wooden cloth pin effect...and stick that mother over the edge of your rimmed glass. Now THAT is a Ceasar garnish.

Like this?

001-38.jpg

Also my fav in the summer

005-8.jpg