Please Help Grimsby Tackle So That They Can Help You!

SLA

For nearly 2 years now, Grimsby Tackle has been unable to issue fishing & hunting licenses. Please take a moment to read and copy/paste the following into an email and send it to [email protected] it would be greatly appreciated by Martin & his staff who strive to serve the local angling (and hunting) community and give back to various groups and causes as well.

Dear Mr. Tim Hudak,

I am writing this to express my concern to the fact that Grimsby Tackle shop is no longer able to issue Ontario fishing or hunting licenses or able to distribute the annual provincial regulations governing these sports.

Before the store recently changed ownership, they were able to sell fishing licenses and all the necessary papers to get a tag to hunt deer, turkey, and small game. After the store was purchased, they were given an order to cease and desist and were ordered to reapply. They have since in the meantime applied for the permission to sell these licenses but have been told that this could take up to 6 months. Well now almost two years have passed and all the paper work to sell the licenses continues to sit at the M.N.R. office unused.

When a person wants to go fishing or hunting they go to a specialized independent retailer such as Grimsby Tackle. They don’t want to be forced to go to a corporate “big box” store that sells light bulbs, patio furniture and windshield wiper fluid. They go to shops like Grimsby Tackle because they know that for the past 20 years they could get their licenses renewed at such a place that knew how to do it, and at the same time they could get the necessary equipment they always wanted.

This store has been around for 23 years and serves the many people drawn from various regions who come to take advantage of the fine fishing and hunting areas we have nearby and contribute to our local economy.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could please find the time to investigate this matter further and see what can be done to speed this process up to ensure that this store will be able to fully service the area’s sportsmen and woman for many years to come.

Sincerely,

When you have a local fishing/hunting store that,s unable to sell a lic,it tells me there has been pass issues. Now hear me out.

We had one here that always had lic to buy. All of a sudden one year,they didnt. Years went bye,and still no lic to sell. The story was,they wouldnt let him sell. Now,why would the MNR not allow the only fishing store in town,not sell a lic :whistling:

LATE PAYMENT,OR NO PAYMENT to the MNR.

The new owner,of the same store,is the same.NO LIC.

Just saying.

BTW DONE

Edited by Misfish

I think the issue here was when the business changed ownership the same had to be done with the goverment paperwork to sell licenses. I think allot of places lost there rights aswell do to setting up new digital format and equipment involved in doing that

When you have a local fishing/hunting store that,s unable to sell a lic,it tells me there has been pass issues. Now hear me out.

We had one here that always had lic to buy. All of a sudden one year,they didnt. Years went bye,and still no lic to sell. The story was,they wouldnt let him sell. Now,why would the MNR not allow the only fishing store in town,not sell a lic :whistling:

Just saying.

BTW DONE

Just saying.

BTW DONE

Wow. That's the great thing about a forum. You get to post crap you are only speculating about. No need to worry about making sure sure it's true. Nope...just put a stupid whistling face beside whatever you type and that makes it ok. Then paste up words like "LATE PAYMENT"... nice. You got bad service somewhere? Go ahead and say so, it's real. This is ridiculous.

This is a man's business...his livelihood. If you don't want to support the cause because you THINK it's not valid, fine. Go speculate on you own finances and shut to hell up.

And btw, I have nothing to do with Grimsby Tackle. In fact, they will have no idea who I am if they read this thread.

The admin guys can hammer me for this one, I don't care.

Wow. That's the great thing about a forum. You get to post crap you are only speculating about. No need to worry about making sure sure it's true. Nope...just put a stupid whistling face beside whatever you type and that makes it ok. Then paste up words like "LATE PAYMENT"... nice. You got bad service somewhere? Go ahead and say so, it's real. This is ridiculous.

This is a man's business...his livelihood. If you don't want to support the cause because you THINK it's not valid, fine. Go speculate on you own finances and shut to hell up.

And btw, I have nothing to do with Grimsby Tackle. In fact, they will have no idea who I am if they read this thread.

Where did I say his store? I am just referring to whats happen here in the past.

Oh well,aint ruining my day. As for,,,

Go speculate on you own finances and shut to hell up.

Touchy :lol:

I dont take your reply personal,so, dought they will.

I sure hope my vote got through.LOL

Edited by Misfish

Grimsby tackle have always helped me out.

I heavily shopped around for my new Big Jon downrigger this fall. (4000 pro tournament rigger).

Joc, FW, JB's, Shortwave, Bills Bait, none could touch Grimsby's price.

Great shop and had the rigger in before the time required.

Signed.

I'll get'r done later today. You have a great shop, lots of inventory so we can make our impulse buys and great service. You going to be doing the line clinic again this spring?? I'd imagine its a bit of a pita BUT, last time I was down for it, I dropped over 300 bucks, 50 for respooling and the rest on a rod and a whack of lures and tackle while I waited for my spools.

When we bought our store we went through the same process. We were told that they were not going to set up new locations to sell them but with a little sweet talking we did get our sysem in place to sell them about 4 months later. The big problem is if there is another licence issuer within a certain distance you cant get it. Canadian tire being the most likely issuer. They now provide an entire computer system dedicated to the licence system therefor cant put them everywhere. I feel your pain and hope it works out for you.

I too have spent some time in G B&T and really like the store. Have the owner contact me and I will give him my contact at the licencing branch of the MNR. Don't know if it will help, but you never know.

Dan

Dufferin Outdoor Supply