Finding Bigfoot

ehg

I love how the religious, with there temples, churches, books, wars, monuments, missionaries, blasphemy laws, bigotry and everything else they shove down our throats still have the nerve to tell Atheists to keep there opinions to themselves.

Is the universe infinite, and if not......where does it end.

Discuss

I have a theory, I don't know if there's any evidence of it, just an interesting idea that I had. Imagine the universe as a sphere, surrounded by one giant wormhole connected to the centre of the universe, when we get to the edge we look into the wormhole and just see the centre again, so really it has an end and is endless. Again, just an interesting way to think of it.

I love how the religious, with there temples, churches, books, wars, monuments, missionaries, blasphemy laws, bigotry and everything else they shove down our throats still have the nerve to tell Atheists to keep there opinions to themselves.

:thumbsup_anim: And better yet, my gods better than your god and if that don't work, my dad can beat up your dad. Religion, the most and best used method to use mans simple fears to keep him subservient, otherwise you might go to hell and burn forever. What a bunch of loosers. You die, you rot and return to the basic elements.

Is the universe infinite, and if not......where does it end.

Discuss

I get headaches just trying to contemplate this very question and end up not having a clue and feeling like mankind is very insignificant when viewed against the entirety of what is out there. Kinda like how Marvin feels in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...sorta

Im not sure what you are refering to here, but it has nothing to do with the discussion here about evolution or bigfoot. If you actually have something to add, then feel free.

:thumbsup_anim: And better yet, my gods better than your god and if that don't work, my dad can beat up your dad. Religion, the most and best used method to use mans simple fears to keep him subservient, otherwise you might go to hell and burn forever. What a bunch of loosers. You die, you rot and return to the basic elements.

Id watch what you say there Fisherman. Just because you dont agree with it makes everyone who is religious a "looser" ?

You die, you rot, and return to the basic elements. And how can u possibly know that? What if the " religoius loosers" are right? Where would that leave you?

I like to envision the universe as an onion, but instead of the layers existing in physical space, each is a ring on the scale of time, at the center of the onion is time zero, the Big Bang. This singular point from which matter emerged (and may still be emerging if you believe time is dimensional) must be the exit of another singular point - a black hole in a parallel yet insible universe.

A black hole in our universe where time stretches out, then exits to the time zero singularity in another universe.

That one is good too, what really baffles me is thinking about time, which is relative, but the thought that nothing ever "started" but was always there, makes you feel small.

If that is your understanding of the physical world, you have no business quoting the laws of thermodynamics, and there is no room for intelligent debate.

Thats not my understanding of the physical world. Sounds ridiculous right? Thats because it is. Makes about as much sense as the big bang theory.

And I can say the exact same thing to you about my education, or parents teaching. Id rather be the guy that " believes" in something that makes sense, as oppossed to being taught some far fetched story about a big bang.

Interesting how everyone keeps beating around the bush and changing the topic. Care to prove my points about evolution wrong, or have I made my point? And what exactly was this big explosion at the "beginning" anyway? If nothing is there, than nothing can explode.

You made the post about 6000 years being a joke, so lets hear your theory.

Caged Wisdom taught me that faith is fact......oh wait a minute, that was on the blooper reel.

If we are to believe everything in the Bible as the word of God, and not the words of priests who just wanted to control the masses, then why don't we all own slaves that we can beat so badly that they die after a couple days. That it's okay so long as they don't die right away, since they are the property of the person beating them.

I don't think Buddy Christ would think much of that.

Christopher is 100% correct about why religion started in the first place, to explain the unknown, paganism especially. The irony is that Christians considered paganism barbaric because of all the blood rituals, yet Christians eat the body of Christ and drink his blood every Sunday.

I don't think science is infallible. Theories are proven and refuted every day because they are theories. To believe a story that was first recorded a few thousand years ago and to accept every word as the gospel truth, than you are not thinking for yourself, instead you are blindly following the leader.

Bill, I'm agnostic and I would like you to not post pictures of my God online.:whistling:

Id watch what you say there Fisherman. Just because you dont agree with it makes everyone who is religious a "looser" ?

You die, you rot, and return to the basic elements. And how can u possibly know that? What if the " religoius loosers" are right? Where would that leave you?

Okay, I achieved my point, if you don't agree with some form of religion then there's something wrong,(according to those that believe) it goes both ways. I suppose I could have used a different description. Last time I looked when a grave was dug up, it was pretty much rotten remains with nature having had lunch on the deceased. Where would that leave me? I don't believe in wasting space in cemetaries either, going through the burner and making some ash for the plants to grow.

Interesting how everyone keeps beating around the bush and changing the topic. Care to prove my points about evolution wrong, or have I made my point?

The topic at the start was a tv show about finding a mythical creature.. Just sayin