It was time for a new truck

lew

With the way gas prices are, you should of told her it was cheaper to buy a new truck with a full tank of gas then fill up the one you have... :rofl2:

Actually our gas prices are FINALLY coming down....down her 10 cents to now $3.99 per gallon....but my son just moved to Virginia and gas there is only $3.23 per gallon and their expecting it to drop below $3...maybe even close to $2.50 per gallon as the weeks go on.

Expect the prices to rise on Wednesday November 7th. :whistling:

Expect the prices to rise on Wednesday November 7th. :whistling:

I know what your getting at.......both either of what happens on Nov 6th...gas prices will still continue to FALL...I will bet you not one but 2 DOZEN nightcrawlers our gas prices continue to fall until maybe the week of our Thanksgiving, as those days are the busiest travel days in the U.S.A. of all year long....then again continue to drop....UNLESS there is some Bull crappola insistent in the middle east...

Edited by Billy Bob

With the way gas prices are, you should of told her it was cheaper to buy a new truck with a full tank of gas then fill up the one you have... :rofl2:

LOL!!! I figured I could double the resale value of my Suburban if I sold it with a full tank! I decided to keep it for winter/ice fishing while the new one hibernates.

Good move Lew I have the 2012 Eco Boost as you saw at Lak Air. Mine went to Canada and back loaded 12 hours straight and pulling the Ranger boat averaged 14.5 MPG. That may seem low to some but I have the 4X4 with the 3.72 gear set and E locker combo. The tow package in the trucks are set up right and it is a bull of a truck. I average 17 MPG without the boat around town and highway otherwise. I would check on the rock guard on the intercooler Ford does not want the air flow obstructed and can void the warrentee if it is a heat related failure from what I was told.

Art

Good move Lew I have the 2012 Eco Boost as you saw at Lak Air. Mine went to Canada and back loaded 12 hours straight and pulling the Ranger boat averaged 14.5 MPG. That may seem low to some but I have the 4X4 with the 3.72 gear set and E locker combo. The tow package in the trucks are set up right and it is a bull of a truck. I average 17 MPG without the boat around town and highway otherwise. I would check on the rock guard on the intercooler Ford does not want the air flow obstructed and can void the warrentee if it is a heat related failure from what I was told.

Art

OH....I would of thought that the Ford Eco-Boost would give you even better mileage then that...I would of bet it would of beat my Tundra in mileage....in comparison my Tundra that came with the tow package has a rear end axle ratio of 4:11.....it's a figgin brute for towing anything...

On a recent trip to Ontario I filled up here and towed my boat to a small lake near Parry Sound, Ontario.....I filled up just before Parry Sound at a gas station right off Rt69 just before Rt 518...so that was if I remember correctly 235 miles up to that point....I filled up and I squeezed in 50 litres...now correct if I'm wrong with this math....so I divided the 50 litres to get gallons...50/3.78 = 13.22 USA gallons (right... :dunno: )....then divided the 235 miles by the 13.22 gallons and I got 17.77 miles per USA gallons...My Tundra is a Double Cab 4X4 with the 4.7 litre engine and a 5 speed automatic tranny with 4:11 rear end axle....this truck has a towing capacity of 8000 lbs.

Nope you got me Bob I'm not sure how the world will continue if we all don't buy a Tundra. :sarcasm:

The fact that I had 6000 lbs between the boat and the equipment I was bringing up North might have something to do with my gas milage. The 75 Mph speed we averaged didn't help either. I'm glad you are happy with the Tundra my experiences with them paints a much blacker picture hence the Ford in my life.

Art

Nope you got me Bob I'm not sure how the world will continue if we all don't buy a Tundra. :sarcasm:

The fact that I had 6000 lbs between the boat and the equipment I was bringing up North might have something to do with my gas milage. The 75 Mph speed we averaged didn't help either. I'm glad you are happy with the Tundra my experiences with them paints a much blacker picture hence the Ford in my life.

Art

The 6000 pounds is a huge difference that what my boat weights...I'm closer to the 2000 pounds at MOST....plus I was restricted to the Canadian MPH limit of 100K or I believe about 62 MPH....the more you push it the more drag on the vehicles and then the mileage drops like a rock....and since I am only about 15 miles from the boarder pretty much all my driving was done (in the middle lane... :rofl2: ) at 62 miles per hour....so YES then the big difference does make some sense.

When I purchased this truck, I went with the Eco Boost just because I've heard alot of good things about it, not because it's gonna save me a whack of money on gas. I wanted to stay with Ford and wanted plenty of towing power and the Eco seems like it'll do what I want.

Sounds like it may be somewhat more economical than my current 5.4 and if that's the case, that'll be good, but I'm certainly not expecting a huge savings.

I have a glass boat with a 150 HP Yammie and that also goes thru alot of gas but I also knew that when I purchased it a couple years ago.

If I was really concerned about the cost of gas, I'd be towing a 12' tinnie with a Honda Civic.

We'd all like to pay less for gas, but it ain't gonna happen so we just have to suck it up and if we want to play, we're gonna pay.

Edited by lew

When I purchased this truck, I went with the Eco Boost just because I've heard alot of good things about it, not because it's gonna save me a whack of money on gas. I wanted to stay with Ford and wanted plenty of towing power and the Eco seems like it'll do what I want.

Sounds like it may be somewhat more economical than my current 5.4 and if that's the case, that'll be good, but I'm certainly not expecting a huge savings.

I have a glass boat with a 150 HP Yammie and that also goes thru alot of gas but I also knew that when I purchased it a couple years ago.

If I was really concerned about the cost of gas, I'd be towing a 12' tinnie with a Honda Civic.

We'd all like to pay less for gas, but it ain't gonna happen so we just have to suck it up and if we want to play, we're gonna pay.

Exactly Lew. We don`t buy a truck for the fuel economy. We buy what fits our needs in a truck. We have our make and models we associate with and we get what we need within that brand. The reason i have a GMC 2500 Diesel is because the 1500 doesn`t come with a 6.6`box when you have 4 door. I got a diesel just because the price suited my budget. I am a GM guy but i drive a Ford at work and quite enjoy it. That being said, I`d never buy one...lol

Nice Truck Lew...hope she treats you well.

Really Nice Ride Lew!!Im not a ford guy by any means ...but i have to show you the truck that is turning me into one...its the top of the line Harley Davidson (every toy bell whistle)..My brothers truck is about a year old now but i just cant fathom the thought of spending this kind of money...when to me a truck is a tool for work

His is Diesel

DSC_7303.jpgDSC_7304.jpg

Edited by Twocoda