I don't have a cell phone

Fishnwire

I have had one for like 10+ years haha. I love having it, makes some things easier.

I have movies on mine and if I am at the doctors it keeps my 2 year old from running around and bugging people.

I have had it come in handy for calling an ambulance a few times haha.

That is all I have ever had. I make about three calls a year. The pay as you go is also a gimmick, I'd you don't top up in time all the money that is built up is gone, a rip off that is!

VEVER ON A PLAN if tou don't use it!

"The pay as you go is also a gimmick, I'd you don't top up in time all the money that is built up is gone, a rip off that is!"

I use the auto top up feature on my Rogers Pay as You Go rolls over every month, If I don't use the $10 a month it just rolls over to next month =$20 and the month thereafter $30. I don't loose if if I don't use it. You just have to pay attention, it cheaper that way.

"The pay as you go is also a gimmick, I'd you don't top up in time all the money that is built up is gone, a rip off that is!"

I use the auto top up feature on my Rogers Pay as You Go rolls over every month, If I don't use the $10 a month it just rolls over to next month =$20 and the month thereafter $30. I don't loose if if I don't use it. You just have to pay attention, it cheaper that way.

I lost it and they took it, only for about three hours lol. I demanded it back and got! They rolled over and I had a year with out any worries. I will now do the early thing.

I didn't think you could do that with Bell. I've been on their baffling website and couldn't see how to do that.

I didn't think you could do that with Bell. I've been on their baffling website and couldn't see how to do that.

Overview

Bell offers various prepaid options to fit your needs. Keep your account active by topping up before your funds expire. You'll also carry over any unused minutes from one month to the next.

Pre-authorized top up

Never worry about running out of minutes. Just pick the option that fits you best and we’ll take care of the rest.

Bonus: Get an additional 15% talk time when you choose Allowance or Automatic Allowance.

Automatic Top Up

Tops up your account when your balance drops below $5 or when your funds expire.

More about the Automatic Top Up Program

Allowance

Tops up your account on a designated day each month and ensures unused funds carry over to the next month.

More about the Allowance Program

Automatic Allowance

Tops up your account on a designated day each month and if your funds run out before the end of the month, ensuring unused funds carry over to the next month.

More about the Automatic Allowance Program

Top up on the go

Log in to My Bell at bell.ca/mybell - top up using a prepaid, credit or debit card

Access Self Serve on your phone's Mobile Browser (excluding BlackBerry® phones) - top up using a prepaid card or credit card

Send a free text message to 82273 (TCARE) - top up using a prepaid card

Call #321 from your mobile phone or 1 888 537-9999 from a home phone for free - top up using a prepaid card or credit card

Edited by Fisherman

Overview

Bell offers various prepaid options to fit your needs. Keep your account active by topping up before your funds expire. You'll also carry over any unused minutes from one month to the next.

Pre-authorized top up

Never worry about running out of minutes. Just pick the option that fits you best and we’ll take care of the rest.

Bonus: Get an additional 15% talk time when you choose Allowance or Automatic Allowance.

Automatic Top Up

Tops up your account when your balance drops below $5 or when your funds expire.

More about the Automatic Top Up Program

Allowance

Tops up your account on a designated day each month and ensures unused funds carry over to the next month.

More about the Allowance Program

Automatic Allowance

Tops up your account on a designated day each month and if your funds run out before the end of the month, ensuring unused funds carry over to the next month.

More about the Automatic Allowance Program

Top up on the go

Log in to My Bell at bell.ca/mybell - top up using a prepaid, credit or debit card

Access Self Serve on your phone's Mobile Browser (excluding BlackBerry® phones) - top up using a prepaid card or credit card

Send a free text message to 82273 (TCARE) - top up using a prepaid card

Call #321 from your mobile phone or 1 888 537-9999 from a home phone for free - top up using a prepaid card or credit card

Like I said, baffling!!

I browse OFC almost exclusively on my smartphone. It pays to dish out the big bucks for a good one. This phone does everything. Pinpoint navigation, anywhere. Constant links to emergency services. It takes crystal clear photos, and hd videos. Never forget the camera and lose the proof of your big catch! Lol.. i do not like texting however i have voxer app, so i can walkietalkie any of my friends or family for free, anywhere in the world.

Did i mention i browse OFC flawlessly with it, all day? Lol thats gotta be a selling point.

I'm looking at my late 50's and I still don't have one. But I'm probably going to get one this year. I usually go out fishing by myself and maybe "for once in my life" I should listen to her and carry one in case of some emergency. Hope I never have to use it though.

Little bit younger but decided to have cell phone when fishing or longish drives.

Bought a cell phone at 7/11 five years ago for 70 bucks or so and have paid 25 dollars A YEAR to keep it going.

They call it 'Speak Out'.

Cell phone has camera, texting, et al, but i never use it.

Geez, you can get a 14 megapixel Canon camera for 100 bucks these days.

Good to just have cell phone around in case of emergency.

Little bit younger but decided to have cell phone when fishing or longish drives.

Bought a cell phone at 7/11 five years ago for 70 bucks or so and have paid 25 dollars A YEAR to keep it going.

They call it 'Speak Out'.

Cell phone has camera, texting, et al, but i never use it.

Geez, you can get a 14 megapixel Canon camera for 100 bucks these days.

Good to just have cell phone around in case of emergency

Who are you with? Send me a pm if it's fishing hot spot!

I've got a cell phone but don't use it very often, but it's nice to be able to keep in touch with my wife & friends when I'm travelling around or away on a fish'n trip. I have mine connected to the GPS in the truck so it's totally hands free.

Actually, I don't see any negatives to them personally, although some folks do seem to be obsessed with them and use them constantly.

Never did get into the facebook or twitter thingies though.

I've never owned a cell-phone, but have always had one supplied by my employer. All the way from a hard-mount car-phone in '93 up to my current BlackBerry.

Best part being...I've never had a cell-phone bill. :thumbsup_anim:

Well, I own a cell phone and in all honety, I could'nt tell you where it is at this moment! I use it so little that I'm sure I create complete havoc at Mount Pleasant and Bloor every time I turn it on! LOL

I don't text, never have and wouldn't even know how to access that function...

Funny story, I received a charge of 25 cents on my Rogers bill some time ago. I called Rogers to find out what the heck that was doing on my bill, they said that I received a text. I said that I did not recall receiving a text and if I did, I wouldn't know how to access it and that I was not going to pay them a dime, because for all I know, it was Rogers who sent me the text. They insisted that I had to pay.

I insisted that I speak to a manager. Got the manager on the phone, told him to review my account, notice NO TEXTS EVER and he dropped the charges. I then had texting removed from my account.

So now I have to go wandering through the house looking for my phone!

HH

I don't text, never have and wouldn't even know how to access that function...

Same here Joe, don't know anything about it.

My phone beeped recentely and I had no idea what it was until my daughter told me I had a text message.

It's also got a camera that has never been used.

When I was buying the phone I told the guy I wanted the most basic phone available, no texting, no camera, or anything else that would never be used and he told me that didn't exist and I had to get everything :lol:

Who are you with? Send me a pm if it's fishing hot spot!

Bought the phone at 7/11. Their phone service "Speak Out" is pay as you go.

The time lasts a YEAR. So i buy minimum time (20 minutes, cost 25 dollar).

Have phoned Toronto from Kawarthas so it works. So 25 dollars a YEAR isn't bad since it is barely used.

I appreciate the info...regardless of where it came from. I guess I could have looked it up too...I'm also interested to find out how weird it is that I'm a cell phone virgin.

Thanks jose.

Just out of curiosity, what's your reason for not having one? :P ...since you'd like to be able to text with your bodies, if not for anything else :)

Some of the guys without phones sound like they are a little bit proud they have avoided this technology. I don't get it. A cell phone is just another tool. You can turn it on or off as you wish, and it doesn't have to interfere with your life unless you want it to.

And it's a fantastic tool!

Aside from the emergency assistance it offers, it can save you a lot of time and effort. Here's one simple example.... next time you change the oil on a motor vehicle, record in your cell phone the filter model number, oil grade and number of litres, and you'll never have to look it up again. Same thing for wiper refills. And the date/mileage you did that oil change. And wheel bolt torque settings. And licence plate numbers and VINs. And the paint code on your garage door. And the spark plug make and heat range from your outboard. And the lower unit gear oil weaight.

And each time you think of something you need from Canadian Tire, enter it. Next time you're in CTC, pull up the list of 5 things you need but would have forgotten.

next, enter your list of stuff that you like to take on a fly in fishing trip. When you discover you missed something, add it too, and never make that list again or forget to take something...

Don't shy away from a tool that works so well.

Some of the guys without phones sound like they are a little bit proud they have avoided this technology. I don't get it. A cell phone is just another tool. You can turn it on or off as you wish, and it doesn't have to interfere with your life unless you want it to.

Aside from the emergency assistance it offers, it can save you a lot of time and effort. Here's one simple example.... next time you change the oil on a motor vehicle, record in your cell phone the filter model number, oil grade and number of litres, and you'll never have to look it up again. Same thing for wiper refills. And the date/mileage you did that oil change. And wheel bolt torque settings. And licence plate numbers and VINs. And the paint code on your garage door. And the spark plug make and heat range from your outboard. And the lower unit gear oil weaight.

And each time you think of something you need from Canadian Tire, enter it. Next time you're in CTC, pull up the list of 5 things you need but would have forgotten.

next, enter your list of stuff that you like to take on a fly in fishing trip. When you discover you missed something, add it too, and never make that list again or forget to take something...

But then you drop the cell phone in the river and...........poof!

Well said. I wouldn't be able to work without my Blackberry, and simply can't understand why anyone would go out of their way to not take advantage of such a useful item.

Then again, I'm also a big fan of electricity and indoor plumbing. Go figure.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

I would not say I am proud I don't have one. If I had a job that required me to be in contact with others quickly I would have had one years ago.

I am a printer. I have unlimited access to free paper. You should see all the writing pads I have stashed at home and the cottage. Most of the stuff you suggested I enter into a phone I already write down on a pad of paper and keep track of things that way. Yes the pad of paper might be at home when I'm out and need to remember something I wrote on it. It happens and somehow I live with it. My methods work for me so I see no need at the moment to get a phone...it's as simple as that.

Every baker has there way of baking a cake. As long as the cake turns out fine, one baker is not any better or superior to another.

I have an iphone, and use it for everything. Notes for when on the job that backup to my home pc, decent camera, texting and facetime when I want to talk to my kids, GPS, it has a couple thousand songs on it, and a bunch of other things I use. Not unhappy to have it.