Ultimate rod/reel combo

Sour_Squirrel

If you had to get rid of all you rods and reels except for one combo what would your combo be?

My 'ultimate combo' would consist of a 6'8" St. Croix Legend Tournament spinning (Drop Shot) rod and a Daiwa Fuego 2500 spinning reel.

The rod, although is a drop shot rod, is a very versatile rod. The Fuego is light and smooth.

Let's hear what your combo is....

If my boat is sinking and I can only grab one thing it is probably my conquest big nasty combo, but I would be tempted to grab my musky box, as that would be much harder to replace.

Good point!!!

It would be a 'reel' tough decision for me but would probably come down to...

Calcutta 200 TE DC on St Croix LT - super sweet crankbait/spinnerbait/swimbait setup and I shudder to think of what it would take to replace it.

Without doubt, the sweetest musky combo I've ever owned is the one I'm currently using for bucktails & spinnerbaits. It's an 8' medium heavy St. Croix Legend Tournament rod with the split grip handle, paired up with a Calcutta TE 400 and spooled with 80 # Power Pro and 130# Seaguar fluoro leader.

Lotsa $$$$ but well worth every hard earned dime. :Gonefishing:

My 5'6 Ugly Stick Lite with my Pfluger President reel. Sure it costs half as much as my 6'0 Medium St.Croix with my Rapala R-type on it, but I think my grandmother must have blessed that rod when she bought it for me for christmas 7 years ago. I've caught more fish with that combo then I've had good days.

I don'y have any nice expensive combos!

So if my boat was sinking, I'd be twirling those wing nuts on the 9.9 trying to save something worth a few bucks stretcher.gif

rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

I have to stop reading your posts with liquid of any kind in my mouth !!!