Stripers!!!!

Daplumma

Headed out to the bay for stripers fishing.Werent trolling 10 minutes when "fish on".

gallery_7_64_28805.jpg

After quite a long fight landed ths 37 incher..so he went back in.35 to 41 inch slot.

gallery_7_64_88121.jpg

Before anyone asks about the girl,she was the mate in the trip,she also teaches high school english.Did an amazing job keeping up to 17 lines trolling,lucky we only had one douple hook up.

Next up was Pops,another solid hook up.

gallery_7_64_107681.jpg

resulting in this

med_gallery_7_64_148258.jpg

Arts turn,the action was pretty hot for a while.He hooked this one while his buddy landed this beauty.

med_gallery_7_64_162744.jpg

Here is Arts fish.

med_gallery_7_64_41216.jpg.

All totaled up we got 9 to the boat,3 were in the slot and 6 were kept.They ranged from 28" to 41".Evryone in on the boat got at least one to take home.Here is the party.

med_gallery_7_64_209409.jpg

One last shot of a watermans boat.I love the lines of these unique watercraft.

med_gallery_7_64_92204.jpg

What a great morning on the water.Off the water by noon.

Joe

There ya go Joe, that's what happens when you get up at Lew o'clock :thumbsup_anim:

Great stuff, you obviously had an excellent day on the water !!

Never eaten striper, but I'm assuming those bigguns taste pretty good ??

Edited by lew

Wow! I'm impressed guys! Sounds like a super time was had by all. I think that in 2008 we won't need a lodge for a get together. We can all spend a week on your boat.

Thanks for sharing, great report.

Thanx,this was a charter trip,we had this set up since last year.We already are familiar with where the stripers run in the spring and may get our own boat again before summer.The fishery is very closely regulated after they were all but wiped out in the 70's from pollution and overfishing.The season opened up again 20 yrs ago and is in great shape!We had fresh baked striper for dinner last night and it was great!The meat is firm and the flavor is not real fishy.

Joe

It's easy just don't keep it lit. The cigars are more for show than smokin most of the time. We had a great day on the water and the fishin was hot and heavy with calm seas and a nice blanket of fog to keep the tag along fishermen from following us into the prime fishin zone.

Art

Good stuff guys, nice way to start off the season, family, friends and a few fish...now you just have to get out and get some slime on that little boat of yours ;) . Those stripers are some nice fish, wouldn't mind hooking into one of those myself.

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr