New PB Walleye!

limeyangler

Hi all, Got my new PB walleye yesterday. I finished nightshift and headed out to my favourite in town spot.

Started out with a few small lakers for tomorrow’s lunch then headed off to seek some monster walleye..... they came out to play!

I had to move once as some bozo thought it was ok to slowly make his way over within 30 feet of my bow when we were the only 2 boats on the lake (I don’t get that at all :angry::dunno: ) , but the magic number seemed to be 30'FOW and I soon found another spot and had a fish on again.

All fish came on a jig and minnow, trout in 70'FOW suspended at 40'FOW, walleyes on the flats near to the deeper water at 30'FOW.

Got about 10 walleye in all, not one under 24" with one at 30'+ inches and my new PB by .25" at a not too shabby 32.5"!

Great 4 hours on the water!

VIDEO OF THE AFTERNOON'S ACTION

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aNFNK5DUP7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

Getting 10lb+ walleye on very light tackle with nothing more than a 3/8 Oz jig is addictive, might just have to sneak back there this afternoon. :thumbsup_anim:

Tight lines all.

Limer.......VERY nice fish.......on the flats you say....they could be moving to those fall transition areas where mud meets rock and none or not much change in depth...this has been a good pattern for me for years on inland lakes in the fall....but it's still a hot summer pattern down here.

Awesome Simon, always love watching your videos ... always wondered how you have your camera mounted to the fishing rod ?

It would boggle your mind!

When I had the pleasure of fishing Rainy with Simon, he was literally holding the camera in place with his hand holding the rod! Not sure if hes since upgraded? But yeah, I was shocked to see how well he filmed these videos while landing fish! Plus its a sweet angle clapping.gif

I had to move once as some bozo thought it was ok to slowly make his way over within 30 feet of my bow when we were the only 2 boats on the lake (I don’t get that at all ) , but the magic number seemed to be 30'FOW and I soon found another spot and had a fish on again.

I'll never understand this either.

Thanks for sharing the video, it was a nice way to end the week!

worthy.gifworthy.gif Nice shooting Simon ! Congrats on the PB (but I still think you're a witch - you have to be charm those beauties day after dayjerry.gif ). Must have been the graveyard shift was it? either that or the midnight sun still shines bright?

(edited for spelling)

Edited by spincast

That's a beast Simon, many congrats! thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks !

HECK YES!!!

Id be back there every morning and evening!!!

Way to go on the PB

I went back last night....bit of a wash out by comparison...a 27" and a 25" for the 2 guests i had in the boat while i had to settle for a 16" and a 6"!

Limer.......VERY nice fish.......on the flats you say....they could be moving to those fall transition areas where mud meets rock and none or not much change in depth...this has been a good pattern for me for years on inland lakes in the fall....but it's still a hot summer pattern down here.

Its been a cold August after a unusually hot, dry summer but despite the whacky weather they are pretty much where they were last year on this lake.

Awesome! :Gonefishing:

Thanks...it was a memorable session for sure.

Absolute MONSTER!!! Way to go and congrats!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Cliff!

Nice! They look like they grow up fast in that lake. Good looking fish.

I doubt they do grow fast...its pretty cold up here so they grow slow....i will say this though...they aint growing fast but they eat well!

man o man!

Beauty fish! Gonna be tough to beat that PB, so yeah, get out there again today and start trying!

thumbsup_anim.gif

Yup, next bechmark is to beat 33".....might be a while, but i'll just soldier on...its a tough job but somebody has to do it. :whistling:

Wow....

Now thats some great fishing!

Huge eyes man!!

TDunn

Thanks man!

Awesome Simon, always love watching your videos ... always wondered how you have your camera mounted to the fishing rod ?

It would boggle your mind!

When I had the pleasure of fishing Rainy with Simon, he was literally holding the camera in place with his hand holding the rod! Not sure if hes since upgraded? But yeah, I was shocked to see how well he filmed these videos while landing fish! Plus its a sweet angle clapping.gif

Exactly as Rick says..........

th_reelcam.jpg

Now that's a HOG!

Way to go!

Thanks RG...i was a little bit panicked not to lose it when i saw the size of it at the surface....lol.

I had to move once as some bozo thought it was ok to slowly make his way over within 30 feet of my bow when we were the only 2 boats on the lake (I don’t get that at all ) , but the magic number seemed to be 30'FOW and I soon found another spot and had a fish on again.

I'll never understand this either.

Thanks for sharing the video, it was a nice way to end the week!

Awesome way to end the week....the bozo was lucky my buddy Cliff was not with me....he fires large musky lures at encroaching boats!

Those are world class walleye by anybody's standards, Simon. Congrats to you, you certainly put in the time. Thanks for sharing your story, pics and video. They're great!

Thanks Roy.....definitely glad i have pics and vids of this for wheni'm older to share around the campfire on my hologram device!

Awesome congrats on a wicked night simon

Thanks Mike.....i see you have been doing pretty good too on LSC!

worthy.gifworthy.gif Nice shooting Simon ! Congrats on the PB (but I still think you're a witch - you have to be charm those beauties day after dayjerry.gif ). Must have been the graveyard shift was it? either that or the midnight sun still shines bright?

(edited for spelling)

It was after nightshift.....got out out at around 10am, LOL...witch...i'd be in big trouble if you accused me of that 400 years ago!

Why do all yer posts have bragging rights :tease::rofl2::good:

Great job Simon and congrats.

Thanks Brian....i am just a lucky so and so to live where i do.

Now that's a fist full o' walleye!

LOL...thanks JT.

This is an awesome photo. I love the detail and the colours. It would make a great background.

Thanks VT...it is my desktop background as of last night.

Congrats on the PB Simon!!!!!clapping.gif

Thanks Paul!