New found love for Bass boats

esoxansteel

Wasn't dark coloured with gold stripes with a guy smilin gear to ear behind the wheel like he just boated a 6 and change was it?

No Phil, it def wasn't me, as I have respect for ALL other boaters...unlike a lot of other people out there.

But... on the note of losing stuff... if anyone hooks into an HD JVC video camera ON a tripod on Rice Lake, please return it to me! LMAO!

No it wasnt Mr 6 and change, but that was one hell of a nice fish, and one of the bigger ones ive seen from their in a few years for sure.

Thanks, I appreciate that!

No Phil, it def wasn't me, as I have respect for ALL other boaters...unlike a lot of other people out there.

But... on the note of losing stuff... if anyone hooks into an HD JVC video camera ON a tripod on Rice Lake, please return it to me! LMAO!

Thanks, I appreciate that!

You lost that fishing ????? And i felt bad about losing a Tilleyw00t.gif

Yuppers! Last weekend! LOL

I'm used to using my GoPro's on the boat, but I forgot my laptop to unload the videos from the SD cards, so I wasnt able to use my GoPro's on the Sunday morning. So I grabbed my video camera and tripod and set it up on the back deck.

Well... with GoPro's once they are in the mounts, you dont need to move them everytime you move the boat. Apparently a tripod just sitting on the back deck, needs to be removed before gunning it.... LMAO!

I heard a thump, looked back to literally see the three tripod legs slowly sinking into Rice Lake! :wallbash:

There sure is a lot of negative stereotyping going on here. It's not the boat it's the loose nut behind the wheel.

Assuming owners of bassboats "should know better" based on the fact they "look" like anglers is wrong. They "look" like anglers because they had the money to spend...or borrowed it. I will guarantee you there are anglers on this site fishing out of canoes that are better anglers.

"I love the sound of their lower unit contacting granite" really?? Lots of people read these posts and that comment makes no sense. I don't wish that on anybody.

Bottom line, there's a jerk or two out there in bassboats. If he sells it and buys a bowrider, he's still a jerk. I had a 30+ foot Carver weave between me and a Lund last weekend with tons of room to the outside. Nice boat, the guy is a moron.

My joke was made before the buzzing of boats was mentioned here, it was in regards to the plastics blowing out of the boat. Which I have done many times I might add. Lake Simcoe has a lot of my gear, including hats, glasses, phone and a ring ;):)

Edited by Harrison

New boat owners are the worst. Bass boat, tinny's big or small, runabouts doesn't matter the second I see idiots acting like idiots. NEW BOAT.

Canoe's out with no life jackets that's a special form of IDIOTS.

And the most special of all 20 ft wake boats on Muskoka and Lake of Bays type lakes just running around wide open kids standing up not a care in the world. Just Special.

Well said Grimsby!

I agree that wishing people would hit their lower end is very distasteful.

I'd say that depends on the situation...

I tried to run a boat into rocks(or have him stop following me) the other day... A local angler I know was following me to find my spots...

So I ran throught a gap I knew of between some rocks... I knew he would wise up and leave me be... Or leave his lower unit... I didn't really care wich one...

I'd say that depends on the situation...

I tried to run a boat into rocks(or have him stop following me) the other day... A local angler I know was following me to find my spots...

So I ran throught a gap I knew of between some rocks... I knew he would wise up and leave me be... Or leave his lower unit... I didn't really care wich one...

wowdunno.gif

I love bass boats too, they can't reach most of the lakes I fish in :)

Very good point Rod Caster

Bass boats aren't fishing boats, like most call them Bass boats, Glorified speed boats, thats all. Most only fish for Bass(glorified sunfish Rock-bass). Not saying I don't fish for Sunfish when not fishing for anything else. Look how fast I can go, are not fisherman. Don't take much skill to catch a Bass, lakes are polluted with them. But I do like to fish for Bass once-in-awhile. Seems like a lot of money spent on a boat to roar around a lake to wrench in Bass (thats not fishin).

I'll stick to my tinny and fish for every species on just about any lake.

Edited by Fish Farmer

It's crazy how people are really hatin' on the bass boats this year. It's a different (far more efficient, in my mind) style of fishing when you are using a bass boat. There's no time wasted if you want to hit a bunch of spots on the lake. You have an incredible vantage poing from the casting deck, and it's ridiculously stable. Cruising along a weedline with the trolling motor...being able to stop, hover, back up, all without making a sound absolutely blows a tinner away.

I'm not saying I'll catch more fish out of a bass boat....but I sure as heck will keep my lure in the water longer, with less effort. No oars to pull out and muck around with....no bobbing up and down in the waves while I'm standing on the bench of my tinner.

The whole speed thing really is no different than any other boat. Who cares if you go fast....as long as you are courteous.

Are they practical for every style of fishing? Of course not. Should every boat out there be able to handle every kind of fishing situation? I guess that's up to you....in my mind the answer is no. In a perfect world I would have a nice big salmon boat for the Great Lakes.....a big deep-V for Temagami, Muskoka's big 3, etc, a bass boat for, well, BASS fishing and weekend tournaments for fun, and of course a couple tinners, one big one and one small one, light enough to drag through the woods to back lakes. Don't forget the canoe and float tube.....maybe a kayak.....maybe.

Most of us don't have the means or selfishness to have all those boats though....so we gotta pick one or two. Some of us pick bass boats....because yeah, bass are easy and fun to catch, and there's the challenge of pulling in a limit of all 5 pounders....and the chance of dinging a true monster, or the next Ontario record. Look at the 6.4lb'er that was just caught on Rice....anyone who thinks that the lakes are polluted with fish like that is living in a dream world. I've seen people keep a limit of 6 fish that wouldn't outweigh that bass.

Anyway. I told myself I'd leave these bassboat threads alone....but you dragged it out of me laugh.gif Now I have to go bail out my tinner.

Edited by johnnyb

Oh man:wallbash: ....................Opinions are personal and can sometimes be hurtful.Where is the filter all of us have, that tone down the hurtful opinions some of you have expressed here.

Bassboats are inanimate objects mostly driven by experienced anglers and boaters.Whether or not Bass are considered a garbage fish by some is irrelevant here. Bass fishing has become a huge sport accross N.A., and have lead to many new fishing tecnologies that all of us use today, to fish for other species.

Bass boats are not the problem.People are the problem.People will always be the problem, and that is a fact that no one can dispute.

I have been harassed by dumb:asshat: 's in a tinny and 9.9hp more than any bass boat i have encountered on any body of water.

nuff said

It's crazy how people are really hatin' on the bass boats this year. It's a different (far more efficient, in my mind) style of fishing when you are using a bass boat. There's no time wasted if you want to hit a bunch of spots on the lake. You have an incredible vantage poing from the casting deck, and it's ridiculously stable. Cruising along a weedline with the trolling motor...being able to stop, hover, back up, all without making a sound absolutely blows a tinner away.

I'm not saying I'll catch more fish out of a bass boat....but I sure as heck will keep my lure in the water longer, with less effort. No oars to pull out and muck around with....no bobbing up and down in the waves while I'm standing on the bench of my tinner.

The whole speed thing really is no different than any other boat. Who cares if you go fast....as long as you are courteous.

Are they practical for every style of fishing? Of course not. Should every boat out there be able to handle every kind of fishing situation? I guess that's up to you....in my mind the answer is no. In a perfect world I would have a nice big salmon boat for the Great Lakes.....a big deep-V for Temagami, Muskoka's big 3, etc, a bass boat for, well, BASS fishing and weekend tournaments for fun, and of course a couple tinners, one big one and one small one, light enough to drag through the woods to back lakes. Don't forget the canoe and float tube.....maybe a kayak.....maybe.

Most of us don't have the means or selfishness to have all those boats though....so we gotta pick one or two. Some of us pick bass boats....because yeah, bass are easy and fun to catch, and there's the challenge of pulling in a limit of all 5 pounders....and the chance of dinging a true monster, or the next Ontario record. Look at the 6.4lb'er that was just caught on Rice....anyone who thinks that the lakes are polluted with fish like that is living in a dream world. I've seen people keep a limit of 6 fish that wouldn't outweigh that bass.

Anyway. I told myself I'd leave these bassboat threads alone....but you dragged it out of me laugh.gif Now I have to go bail out my tinner.

Extremely well done!

Wow I am almost speechless at this thread. I cannot ever recall seeing so much hate like some are showing here. I have owned everything from small tinnies to big bass boats. I try to drive carefully around people and always show respect to others. To be clumped into the group of disrespectful boat owners is offensive to me. I have to say personally the problems I see more often than not are from party barges and jetskis but this has nothing to do with the boats but the operator's skill, competency behind the helm, and personal makeup. The simple fact is all boat owners have the capability to be great operators, or just plain dangerous operators. The boat has nothing to do with common sense, or with the long lost art of being courteous to each other. I don't wish disaster or damage to anyone, I just wish we could all respect each other and not take this nasty attitude I am starting to see on this board. I know it's a stretch but we need to re learn respect for each other all over again, before we paint a group of people with innuendo and blame....

Yes I drive a Bass Boat, and I am proud that I ama safe and respectful operator!

:D

Edited by UglyBug

Wow I am almost speechless at this thread. I cannot ever recall seeing so much hate like some are showing here. I have owned everything from small tinnies to big bass boats. I try to drive carefully around people and always show respect to others. To be clumped into the group of disrespectful boat owners is offensive to me. I have to say personally the problems I see more often than not are from party barges and jetskis but this has nothing to do with the boats but the operator's skill, competency behind the helm, and personal makeup. The simple fact is all boat owners have the capability to be great operators, or just plain dangerous operators. The boat has nothing to do with common sense, or with the long lost art of being courteous to each other. I don't wish disaster or damage to anyone, I just wish we could all respect each other and not take this nasty attitude I am starting to see on this board. I know it's a stretch but we need to re learn respect for each other all over again, before we paint a group of people with innuendo and blame....

Yes I drive a Bass Boat, and I am proud that I ama safe and respectful operator!

:D

Agreed and well said.

I have fished from a few bass boats and they definately serve their purpose and do so very well.

This has nothing to do with the style or type of boat. It has everything to do with the operator of the boat. I have been cut off/swamped by more 20-30 foot cruisers and jet skis than I have by bass boats. The worst are the :asshat: 's who have the 40-50 foot house boats and think they own the water becasue they have been blesses with money. I find that anglers have more respect for others on the water than anyone else. Its those who operate the pleasure crafts I find are the worst. I live in an area where the water is very busy with all types of boaters. I see many things every time I go out that I would deam idiotic. For instance, having a jetski follow and ride your wake, cutting close behind your boat then switching to the other side. It annoys me to the point that I will stop wait for them to go past or find someone else to follow, then I will continue where I was headed.

Best thing you can do on the water is look out for yourself. Be aware of your surroundings. Keep your head up, sure you want to focus on fishing but be mindful of the others out there and keep yourself safe. When im on the water I am always looking for situations that can get ugly, large wakes, people coming to close, idiots on jet skis buzzing by. The last thing I want is to have a bad day where it can be avoided.

The pleaasure operators card is a joke. You can retake until you pass, do it online and most people will have someone else write it for them. Im all honesty, I think it should be more like getting your drivers license. Take the test, and get your begginers, ride with someone experienced. Then take some training, and get familiar will all types of watercraft. Then write a final test, along with an on the water test where knowledge and skill must be used. Then the operator card will be issued to said person. Yes it might seem rediculous, but lots of people die each year because of idiots on the water. Would this stop all of the deaths, certainly not but it would reduce the numbers.

Very good point Rod Caster

Bass boats aren't fishing boats, like most call them Bass boats, Glorified speed boats, thats all. Most only fish for Bass(glorified sunfish Rock-bass). Not saying I don't fish for Sunfish when not fishing for anything else. Look how fast I can go, are not fisherman. Don't take much skill to catch a Bass, lakes are polluted with them. But I do like to fish for Bass once-in-awhile. Seems like a lot of money spent on a boat to roar around a lake to wrench in Bass (thats not fishin).

I'll stick to my tinny and fish for every species on just about any lake.

wow!! Bored today farmer???? I have a bassboat and a float tube which I used for 20 yrs so I don't know if Im a fisherman or not????

This is a very informative thread....apparently:

If you own a bass boat... you're an :asshat: (and deserve to lose your lower unit)

If you fish for bass..... you're an :asshat:

If you drive fast........ you're an :asshat:

I guess I'm just an all around :asshat: then! :rofl2:

:thumbsup_anim:

I'm with ya on that one!

This thread is educational if nothing else. I've learned more about the biased, narrow minded, mentality of some of the members than proper boating etiquette. Somehow we went from baits flying out of a boat to trying to get other boaters to hit rocks, hoping they hit rocks, bass are easy to catch and only sunfish, and bassboats aren't even fishing boats. Good to know. I hope the guests that come to this site to learn something skip this thread.

:clapping:

Agreed and well said.

I have fished from a few bass boats and they definately serve their purpose and do so very well.

This has nothing to do with the style or type of boat. It has everything to do with the operator of the boat. I have been cut off/swamped by more 20-30 foot cruisers and jet skis than I have by bass boats. The worst are the :asshat: 's who have the 40-50 foot house boats and think they own the water becasue they have been blesses with money. I find that anglers have more respect for others on the water than anyone else. Its those who operate the pleasure crafts I find are the worst. I live in an area where the water is very busy with all types of boaters. I see many things every time I go out that I would deam idiotic. For instance, having a jetski follow and ride your wake, cutting close behind your boat then switching to the other side. It annoys me to the point that I will stop wait for them to go past or find someone else to follow, then I will continue where I was headed.

Best thing you can do on the water is look out for yourself. Be aware of your surroundings. Keep your head up, sure you want to focus on fishing but be mindful of the others out there and keep yourself safe. When im on the water I am always looking for situations that can get ugly, large wakes, people coming to close, idiots on jet skis buzzing by. The last thing I want is to have a bad day where it can be avoided.

The pleaasure operators card is a joke. You can retake until you pass, do it online and most people will have someone else write it for them. Im all honesty, I think it should be more like getting your drivers license. Take the test, and get your begginers, ride with someone experienced. Then take some training, and get familiar will all types of watercraft. Then write a final test, along with an on the water test where knowledge and skill must be used. Then the operator card will be issued to said person. Yes it might seem rediculous, but lots of people die each year because of idiots on the water. Would this stop all of the deaths, certainly not but it would reduce the numbers.

This is a very informative thread....apparently:

If you own a bass boat... you're an :asshat: (and deserve to lose your lower unit)

If you fish for bass..... you're an :asshat:

If you drive fast........ you're an :asshat:

I guess I'm just an all around :asshat: then! :rofl2:

:thumbsup_anim:

I'm with ya on that one!

1/ Yes, if you go ripping past canoers and smaller boats without concern for their safety.

2/ Nah, if you like fishing for panfish that's fine. I have no problem with that.

3/ No problem here either as long as long as it's done safely (see response 1)

4/ If you say so. :lol:

Personally if a bass boat is headed in my direction I would rather they stay on the power and go right on by if they slow down the wake is way bigger as long as they stay 50+ feet away I have no problem with them buzzing by .I can't understand why people enjoy trolling for walley on the great lakes it's like reeling in a garbage bag but I would never say they aren't fisherman because they choose to fish this way .I would think bass is likely the most pressured fish in most lakes because the smaller ones are almost suicidal and will hit just about anything but the big ones are hard to come by and to consitantly catch big bass takes a lot of skill and knowledge just like catching any fish of above average size not everyone can do it .

1/ Yes, if you go ripping past canoers and smaller boats without concern for their safety.

2/ Nah, if you like fishing for panfish that's fine. I have no problem with that.

3/ No problem here either as long as long as it's done safely (see response 1)

4/ If you say so. :lol:

1) You dont have to be in a "bass boat" to do that.... I've been "buzzed" tons of times by tinnies and cruisers.

2) Doesn't even deserve a response....

3) See response #1

4) Did my wife tell you to write that?!

Point is... doesnt matter what type of boat you drive. If you're as :asshat: behind the wheel... you're an :asshat: behind the wheel!

Point is... doesnt matter what type of boat you drive. If you're as :asshat: behind the wheel... you're an :asshat: behind the wheel!

My brother and i have a special name for those types of people.:whistling: And believe me, they are absolutely everywhere you can think of too.:rolleyes: