Garbage

lew

It's a terrible problem in the US. garbage just about everywhere. McDonald's bags and drink cups, you name it. People just throw them wherever they want. It's disgusting. I guess I haven't paid much attention to trash on my trips into Canada, but I remember as a boy Mom and Dad always remarking about the lack of litter, it was one of the things they admired about Canadians.

We are a group of people who enjoy the nature, and being out-doors. We want it to remain clean and healthy.

Not everyone out there has respect for the out doors. Not to mention the group of people who say "I pay taxes so someone can clean this stuff up, so I'm gunna toss my garbage wherever I dang well want" :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

The worse thing is having to pass on the campsite with the best view, because your dog would end up with a paw full of smashed beer bottle glass.

Edited by N.A.W

Lew I feel exactly the same way.

I was in a lineup at a Timmies drive through rescently and the guy right in front of me missed the garbage can and was stopped about 10' past it.

He opened his window and proceeded to throw a pile of trash out onto the pavement. Even reaching into the back seat to grab stuff and add it to the pile.

Normally I'm not one to start anything, but that was just too much. I guess I kind of snapped, ultimately making the guy pick all his stuff up and put it in the garbage can 10' away.

People waiting in line around me were clapping LOL!

When I got to the drive through window they'd seen and heard the entire altercation and my order was on the house.

Mike Borger urban hero. :lol:

I have a neighbour who walks her dog past my house every day, and it seems everyday her dog chits on my lawn. So when I go out to cut my grass I have to pick it up first or I get filtered try again please all over my lawnmower tires. This has been going on for years and finally I noticed her coming out of her driveway one day as I was driving by. Right on now I know where she lives. In early june I picked up a bag and delivered it to her front step one evening. I taped a note to it that said" I believe this belongs to you, I am the guy on the corner by the beach where your dog relieves himself when you walk him" She no longer walks on my side of the street when she passes by

I believe this belongs to you

Years ago my old pal Andy had a very miserable neighbor who hated absolutely everybody she ever knew.

Andy also had a very tiny dog that never left his property.

One day the old lady came out the front door and found a very big pile of doggy doo on the front lawn. She was outraged and scooped it up with a shovel and tossed the doo over the fence onto Andy's front lawn.

Andy screamed at her and asked "what the hell are you doing lady" ?? to which she replied, "that mess must belong to you as I don't have a dog"

Andy was a pretty laid back guy and said nothing more but just waited his turn.

Andy had no trees on his property but the old girl had 2 massive oak trees, one in the front yard and one in the backyard.

As Autumn approached all the leaves began to fall and as always, 1/2 of them ended up on Andy's property. As he always did, he raked them up and filled about a dozen big bags with leaves, then set them aside and waited.

Over several days he watched the old girl rake her leaves from her side, then haul all the bags to the curb for pick-up.

After the garbage truck left, Andy methodically took all his bags next door to her nice clean lawn and began dumping them all over the ladies property.

She eventually saw what he was doing and came storming out of the house screaming and asking what the hell he was doing. :w00t:

Andy calmly said, "these leaves must belong to you lady, cause I don't have any trees" :thumbsup_anim:

I miss my old pal Andy, he was a pretty kool dood !!

We fished Chemong yesterday and the amount of garbage we saw thrown around the causeway was unbelievable. Even in the parking lot there were a couple garbage cans, yet some slob threw his crap on the ground not 50' away from them.

It's pathetic that we have to share our world with such filthy pigs.

This is one of the main reasons why I quite going to Lingham Lake. The last time I went, it was to the point where you could not find an island with broken beer bottles strewn all over the place. You couldn't walk into the water bare foot in fear of stepping on glass. Takes all the fun out of camping in a remote spot.

I've seen quite a few 'head shakers' over the years but here's the one that stands out at the moment: A very popular steelhead spot here in Wasaga is the local marina. The owner very generously lets fishermen unto his property and even unto his docks. Yet, believe it or not, some folks repay this generosity by leaving Tims cups, cig pkgs etc. Unbelievable. One of these days the owner is going to decide he's had enough.

I took this photo of the crap some losers left behind at a remote camp site on one of the trout lakes I fish....you can only get there by boat!

Some people are disgusting!!

IMG_0380.jpg

This is the bull stuff that can bring me to tearssad.gif or possibly a simulated bear attack if'n I was to happen along at the wrong time for someone.ninja.gif

This is what we arrived to at a "remote" boat-in campsite a few years ago:

2009_0708pictures0003.jpg

2009_0708pictures0004.jpg

2009_0708pictures0007.jpg

We had to take a whole boatload of crap back to the launch before we could even get set-up.

There was alot more spread throughout the site including piles of actual crap :asshat:

This is a good discussion that hopefully will enlighten some people who may not know that littering is wrong. Hard to believe, but, there are probably people that don't realize that littering is bad. As conscienscious anglers we must speak up when we observe people littering. So for those that don't know, don't LITTER!

im with you guys... i never litter... some people are just plain slobs and dont give a damn what they do and no it impacts the environment and everyone else...

I used to like visiting the kawartha lakes but with the +++ amount of people in the area... and the amount of garbage everywhere. i now stick with Haliburton and muskoka and beyond ( not that i dont find garbage once a while )

I used to like visiting the kawartha lakes but with the +++ amount of people in the area... and the amount of garbage everywhere.

There's not garbage everywhere in the Kawarthas, infact 99% of the area is beautiful and very clean, it just seems to be a small percentage of the spots that have the garbage problem.

It's been my experience after a lifetime of fishing this region, that the worst place for the pigs to throw their garbage is the places where folks fish from shore, or else the free boat ramps like the causeway on Chemong. The vast majority of "pay as you use" boat ramps are kept clean.

I wish the culprits would get what they deserve.

i only have one neighbor and it's a business that's been in town for years. the littering from the employees was so bad that i literally had to pickup at least a plastic grocery bag worth of garbage every week before cutting the grass. multiple polite complaints to employees and the owner didn't solve anything. calling the city bylaw officer didn't help either. i even went as far as calling the cop shop to see if they could do anything about it and they said they couldn't do anything unless the offenders were intentionally throwing stuff onto my property.

so, apparently it's 100% legal to litter on your own property and let the garbage blow everywhere? :rolleyes:

then there's the lazy, disgusting pigs walking and driving by that toss their garbage on the front yard and driveway :wallbash:

i

I used to like visiting the kawartha lakes but with the +++ amount of people in the area... and the amount of garbage everywhere. i now stick with Haliburton and muskoka and beyond ( not that i dont find garbage once a while )

I think that is an unfair generalization. The Kawartha's like other regions, Haliburton and Muskoka included, each have their slobs, but thankfully still in the minority.

I spent 2 weeks float fishing on the Vedder River in Chilliwack last summer. Has to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever fished. I was blown away by the amount of garbage all along the shoreline. All fishing related garbage. The locals have 2, 1 day river cleanups after freshet and the amount of garbage is awfull, were talking tons. Everyone blames everyone else about the litter problem. The locals say it the people from Vancouver. I talked to alot of locals on the flow and watched some of them walk away and leave their empty roe containers and other crap behind.