Bell Customer Service - Unbelievable

Pikeslayer

This is an actual 'cut & paste' from the Bell Customer Service 'On Line Chat' service.

Thank you for your patience an online representative will be with you shortly. Your wait time is approximately 0 minute(s). Welcome to bell.ca! You are chatting with Trista. To assist you, may I please have your name and mobile phone number with area code?

you: I would like a phone number to a Bell office located in Canada. NOT THE CARIBEAN!!

Trista: Hello and welcome to Bell Mobility's chat service. How can I help you today?

Trista: Sorry, I sent that at the same time I received your message.

Trista: What type of Bell office are you looking for?

you: I want to transfer my business phone & business internet from my company to another. I have made 3 request for a "Transfer of Responsibility Form" since last Thursday. Your colleagues in the Caribbean cannot deliver.

Trista: I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the transfer of responsibility requests. The calls for customer care are routed through the same IVR. That being said, my suggesting to get to a Canadian representative would be to select french as your language. Once you get a representative on the line they will likely be bilingual and be able to assist you right away. If by a rare chance they only speak french, they can connect you to a bilingual representative in that centre.

Trista: Selecting French ensures that you get through to a Canadian centre that can handle both english and french requests.

you: Really? Is this the only way to speak to a representitive in Canada. That is absolutely rediculous.

Trista: Yes, I apologize but the IVR cannot specify where each call gets routed. I can see if there is a corporate number for you to contact, They generally only handle corporate account types but if your account is categorized as a business and not under an actual person's name then they can complete requests for you as well.

you: No thank you. It will be much easier to just cancel my 2 accounts and switch to Rogers.

Trista: I am sorry that you are not getting the assistance you require from speaking to representatives in other countries. If there was a Canadian specific number available, I would be more than happy to provide it to you.

you: Thanks again. I am printing out this conversation and posting it on my Business to Business internet forum. We are doing an exercise in customer service and I think this will be ideal for forum study and conversation.

Trista: I understand. Sorry again that I wasn't able to provide a better resolution for you.

Trista: Did you have any other questions for me today?

you: Sorry. I am on the phone with Rogers. I'll get back to you. Please hold.

Trista: I'm sorry but I am not able to wait on the chat any longer.

you: No need to be sorry. Rogers is going to look after the administration in closing my Bell accounts and setting us up with their services.

Trista: I am sorry to hear that you are moving carriers, but I do understand why.

Trista: Enjoy the rest of your day.

you: I will. As I no longer need to deal with Bell :)

Your chat representative has ended the chat session. We thank you for using this service and we hope to have answered all your questions.

Alot of places I go to hunt or fish don't have Rogers cell coverage. Bell phones will work perfectly but rogers phones will have a large print "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" message that appears on the phone and not allow incoming or outgoing personal calls.

For that reason, I can't switch...

I have horror stories from both Bell and Rodgers. Neither have an edge IMHO. However we have switched back and forth twice between the 2. Each time getting a better deal then before. We are paying WAY less then we where 7 YEARS ago and have a FAR better package.

Play the game and keep some money in your pocket for a change :thumbsup_anim:

Someone tried to tap into my wife's credit card today....they tried to charge $1 to her card so to verify it for more fraud charges......so the the bank notified us via email and shut down the card......had to call bank for a new credit card......we got a non English speaking women......had to keep asking her to repeat what she said.....finally wife ask for a English speaking person......we were put on hold for at least 5 minutes.....finally hung up and redialed.....got thru right away with a English speaking person. New card is going to be sent to the house.... :clapping:

Alot of places I go to hunt or fish don't have Rogers cell coverage. Bell phones will work perfectly but rogers phones will have a large print "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" message that appears on the phone and not allow incoming or outgoing personal calls.

For that reason, I can't switch...

Well let me tell you about the marvellous Bell Service on the peninsula between Meaford and Owen Sound, there is none, so you can blow Bell in your granola.

I've had bad experiences with both. Going to Rogers will only make you happy for a short while, but I bet it felt good =)

I left Bell as soon as I had to use the phone in the store to get service. Still can't get over that. I don't think they're the only company that does that either.

I've had bad experiences with both. Going to Rogers will only make you happy for a short while, but I bet it felt good =)

I left Bell as soon as I had to use the phone in the store to get service. Still can't get over that. I don't think they're the only company that does that either.

I had a Bell cell for one contract. Switched to Rogers, never looked back. I cancelled Bell landline and went to local cable carrier for phone, internet and TV. Local has sometimes spotty service/ cust. service, but on the whole better than Bell.

My sister, who has NEVER been a Bell customer, went straight to the same carrier as I have now, as soon as she left the nest, keeps getting calls from Bell to RETURN to Bell. Hello! Never been with them, check your records...

I'm doing some work for a client friend, and had to deal with Bell for most of the morning. Below is part of my message to him:

I've spent all frigging morning on this. Bell is almost useless, although their customer service people are much more knowledgeable, friendly and courteous about the things that can't be done than they have been in the past

Edited by backbay