Ever Get Punched In The Eye (nf)

ehg

Horsing around with my toddler daughter the other day when she went and punched me in the eye (my fault i assume).

Didn't think much of it then, however now 5 or 6 days later i find that i have about 50% of the vision now lost in that eye.

Before i go see a doctor, just curious if anyone had an eye injury that healed itself or similar experience.

Thanks,

ehg

GO to the docs ASAP...

Even the hospital..

Been there a few times, though I was fine, some of the tests they did and what they were looking for, scared the crap out of me.

Detached,swollen etc...

Edited by Harrison

I agree with everyone above, go to the doc/emerg asap... you only get one set of peepers! My kids beat the crap outta me everyday (3 and 4 1/2 years old) and both can't find anything I ask them to find, but can nail me square everytime, without lookin!

HH

Thanks for quick replies!

Wow, seems a little more serious than i thought.

When driving home last night i closed the good eye and couldn't see the headlights of oncoming cars,

through damaged eye. Not till then did i realize i had blind spot.

Looks like i'll go to a doctor ASAP.

Wished it was a strike to the nads, save me from the snip operation :unsure:

Thanks again,

ehg

One day, I was adjusting the chain and spring assembly on the back door. A strong gust of wind opened the door and the chain broke. The free end of the chain whipped my left eye. I went to the doctor and he told me that the clear covering on my eye had been sliced open. I had to wear an eye patch for a while. It healed up 100%.

As for punches in the eye.....yeah....lots of them....I gave and got many. I played a lot of hockey and other than the fights, there were also extra stuff like elbows, sticks (but no pucks). Then there were things like snowballs, baseballs, branches and I think even a bare "boob" (maybe not....that would have been something to remember).

Yes don't mess around GO TO A DOCTOR

Rolled over one night on my cat when he was just a kitten and of course he kicked to get out. Caught me on the eyebrow or so I thought. Eye progressively got messed up. A few days later when I made it to the doctor he was out for the day and his PA hit the roof called another doctor and got me over there immediately. At that point I could distinguish light and dark only from that eye. A few days of drops and vision came back, there is some corneal scratches and I have a dandy scar above my eye.

The cat, well 12 years later he's still my buddy, he didn't mean anything. Drunken slob rolling over on him. Quit the scotch, now a little vino and wobbly pop's is all

Well being a former fighter.... (bet alot of you didnt know that) in what alot would call MMA.... but not the MMA of today... Mainly boxing and BJJ.. I took a serious blow to one of my orbital bones... infact I broke it... I still show signs of it today almost ten years later due to broken blood vessels under the skin etc.... Let me tell you first hand an Eye injury is no joke... get it checked and get it looked after. I have also had a scratched Cornea on three separate occasions and lemmie tell yah they are no picnic either!!

Get to the doc and get yourself checked out!!!

PS... for those of you interested...Jeff Joslin (local hamilton fighter, my old trainer) fights in the UFC on December 13th on SpikeTv

Good Luck!

Ger.

Edited by Gerritt

Well I am not sure if this would count but when I was 11 or 12, I used to play street hockey with my brother and his friends and I got a stupid goalie stick right between the eyes.LOL :blush: of course it was a accident but still...dang that hurt like heck, :blink: and when my daughter was about 2 she went to grab me by the face and got her finger in my eye and scratched it, I went to the doctor's right away and after tests, he found out that she took a piece of the cornea out of my eye and it had to be patched for 2 weeks and warned me I might not get 100% vision back in the eye, thank god I did, but I still have a bit of problems with that eye every now and then. Please seek medical help right away, that is not something you want to screw around with ever.

:blink:

Here`s my eye story...

Couple of years ago at work I was watching the plumber solder some pipes, shooting the breeze and just dog fornicating. A small blob of solder dripped off and hit some water in the sink, you guessed it, it spattered and a piece hit me square in the eye from about 6 feet away.. There was an eye wash station right there so I quickly opened my eye and tried to flush the solder out. That didn`t work so a quick trip to Joe Brant hospital. After waiting about an hour to see a Doctor in he comes and puts a couple of drops in my eye and with a Q-tip lifts out the piece of solder... Had to wear a patch for a few days but got really really lucky and ended up with no damage to the eye or vision.. Was a scary few days while the patch was on....

Moral of the story, wear safety glasses and quit screwing around at work... LOL :P

Doug

Went to family doctor today, said there is no visible trauma.

Referred me to an optometrist who i will see tomorrow.

No improvement yet. :unsure:

The posts thus far have been optimistic, no one had permanent damage

by the sounds of it. Except for Gerritt's orbital bone.

Thanks for PM's of concern,

ehg