Some pic,s from my day walking the creek

misfish

At the creek by 6am. Plan was to walk about 4 km down. Boy has the forest growth gotten big in a short time. It was a bit of a trek, I have to say. I managed two small smolts. One a brown,the other a rainbow. I didnt bother with pics of them.Thought I would share some of the spots I fished.

Missed a nice fish at this spot.

001-8.jpg

Got my first one here today.

003-12.jpg

Picked the brown out of here.

005-9.jpg

Nice spot that didnt hand over a fish.

007-4.jpg

This I thought was a nice pic.Spring feed feeder.

010-4.jpg

Lost 3 flies today.Darn those over hanging branches.

Still nice to be getting out :Gonefishing::canadian:

Time for a snack and rest.Yep,slice of cold pizza and a drink.

006-4.jpg

Thought a fishless post,was needed.LOL

Edited by Misfish

Looks like some gorgeous water man!! Go back in the evenings if you want topwater dry action.

Thanks Bill.Im sure you know this water as well as I do,if not, better. The skitters were a be atcha.I can amagine what they would be like at the night bite. :w00t: Still worth a try though.Let me know if you can make it out one afternoon.

That is some sweet looking water Brian. thumbsup_anim.gif

While I grew up on fly fishing and love it some of those spots would be best attacked with a hair jig on a short spinning rod. whistling.gif

Thanks for the pictures. ;)

I have some hair jigs Chris.I didnt use them.I thought maybe they were to big. Think I had them in my hand, more then three or four times. :wallbash:

Just a beautiful creek Brian. I'll bet that you really enjoyed the solitude out there today.

Here's a pic from my day for ya.

jjmadagascar.jpg

It,s so peacefull Dan

Oh,this guy is closing in,,,,,,,,,,,

884_image.jpg

Not sure where that SMOKE guy is,,,,,,,,,,, :whistling::oops::lol:

Edited by Misfish

Thanks Bill.Im sure you know this water as well as I do,if not, better. The skitters were a be atcha.I can amagine what they would be like at the night bite. :w00t: Still worth a try though.Let me know if you can make it out one afternoon.

Absolutely, let's wait for a sunny say.. We should definitely have some bugs hatching later in the afternoon if that's the case. I'm pretty much free all this week (Coming up)

You're hooked on the fly, my friend. Good for you. Fly fishing is probably the only type of fishing where despite not having caught anything or having caught little ones, you can still come out satisfied from the trip.

Good point Brad made, your casting skills will only refine. I was deterred by the heavy rainfall the past few days and didn't hit any streams this weekend. i will catch up soon.

Miro

Looks nice.

Looks familiar but I may be wrong. If it is the same creek I am thinking (I used to fish it more as a kid), there are decent browns but man are they skiddish (sp?). You have got make 0 noise and cast from a distance.

That is some sweet looking water Brian. thumbsup_anim.gif

While I grew up on fly fishing and love it some of those spots would be best attacked with a hair jig on a short spinning rod. whistling.gif

Thanks for the pictures. ;)

You guys are starting to make me feel nostalgic.......Used to fish dozens of spots like that in my teens with an UL 5' rod a

2 1/2" fly reel loaded with 2# line and a size 16 eyeless hook and a tiny redworm.

One thing I'd recommend.... If you plan on continuing with the bushwhacking, get yourself a thermacell and strap it to your belt or backpack. You won't see any bugs for miles doing that ;)

Thanks FF. I will be looking at them. Im sure the evening bite is worst the the morning.