live mice ok for bait?

I've used frogs occasionally as a kid but mice might be crossing a line.... I don't think I'd use frogs ever again, either.

Not only that, but mice bite like a son of a gun when you try to grab them out of the bait bucket, and frogs cry like babies when you jam the hook into them.

Someone should invent a protective cage that you could put the frog in.Leave holes so the rear legs could still propel it, and incoporate the hook into the cage.$$$clapping.gif $$$

My aunt's cat had kittens about 15-20 years ago and she was giving them away, some guy came to her house wanting all of them for musky bait. Knowing my aunt, he probably left with sore ears lol.

They feed Rodents to pet Snakes alive. They feed little cute Guppies to other meat eating fish. Why not mice?

They feed Rodents to pet Snakes alive. They feed little cute Guppies to other meat eating fish. Why not mice?

Yeah, I was thinking about that. But if I use mice for pike/bass, where do I draw the line? I have a pet ferret and I like to musky fish. If nothing else is working.....of course that would be one very expensive bait, even for musky fishing!

I'm joking by the way. I would never use my pet as live bait lol.

A dead mouse...no problem.

I've never liked using live minnows. Feel sorry for them as I hook them. But they sure catch more fish esp in clear water

Worms....no problem since they are a more primitive animal. But they aren't happy when you cut them up.

I wonder how many duckings and loon chicks get taken out by muskie on the Kawarthas.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a cormorant chick swim with it's family

peter

The cedar plank version i jeard involved a chipmunk. Rodents are vile creatures. I wouldnt use such a technique. Probably because i wouldnt want to catch one of the various diseases it could potentially be carrying. If my partner pulled one out and sank a hook in it, im not sure how id feel. Just dont get any blood on my stuff and wed probably be ok...

I have used frogs lots and will again. Mice I would use them if they were there.

You set mice traps out that kill them whats the difference. As least using them fishing there doing something good.

So you would have no preference over having your necked instantaneously snapped vs being impaled with a metal shaft and slowly bleeding to death or drowning?

If you need to use a live mouse to catch fish, you're doing it wrong.

So you would have no preference over having your necked instantaneously snapped vs being impaled with a metal shaft and slowly bleeding to death or drowning?

If you need to use a live mouse to catch fish, you're doing it wrong.

I have no problem catching fish with lures. When I am portaging a few lakes back and I am limited to how much lures I can bring I always use frogs.

If there was a mouse there I would probably use it. I don't think its worst hooking a mouse over a minnow or hooking.into fish for the fun.

The question about snappin my neck or hooked to death thats stupid lol.

Plus hes not dying from being hooked.

So I guess if I told you about the GIRL I met who was working at that time for the MNR ... who told me about her tactics (which involved raising ducklings for said specific purpose - and of course I was completely tongue tied - mostly because she was a customer) ... but this was absolutely not a joke ... ah never mind - you wouldnt believe it anyways ... although I gotta admit for just a fleeting moment I thought she was the HOTTEST !!!!!

The only problem with using a mouse for bait is that the mouse dies almost immediately when put on the hook. Gonefishing.gif My wife insisted that she gets to fish with the mouse I caught.

rofl2.gif

The only problem? I guess that means she caught a big fish with it?

The only problem with using a mouse for bait is that the mouse dies almost immediately when put on the hook. Gonefishing.gif My wife insisted that she gets to fish with the mouse I caught.

DSC00283.jpg

I woulda went with a white or black jig head, but thats only what works in my area.w00t.gif

Honestly, thats nasty though, in a funny kinda waywink.gif