Been working on the boat...new floors...improvements.

You may or may not remember, but at the end of last summer, I purchased a boat. It came with removable floors, but there were a few issues. The first is that the floor didn't go all the way to the bow. Because of that there wasn't a lot of room for the foot pedal for the trolling motor when sitting up front. The plywood was old, weathered and beginning to rot out and the 'shelf' where the trolling motor was mounted wasn't quite long enough, so it hung off the end.

01oldpic.jpg

First order of business was to replace that shelf up front. It's now plenty big enough to mount the trolling motor properly.

03newfront.jpg

Then with Fishnsled's help on design...we figured out a good way to extend the floor all the way to the bow instead of leaving that space open from the front bench forward.

04new.jpg

Water sealed all the parts

05sealed.jpg

Put on some marine grade carpeting....

06carpeted.jpg

Now the floor extends all the way to the bow...and can be raised for storage.

07hatch.jpg

Now came the task of replacing the rotting plywood for the main part of the casting deck.

08oldfloor.jpg

Brand new plywood, water sealed and ready for assembly.

09new.jpg

Best make sure it fits in the boat before I go any further...CHECK!

10makesure.jpg

Time to carpet, make sure the hatch is installed and lifts up...and put the seat base back in.

11carpeted.jpg

Fits like a glove! WHEW!

11aalmost.jpg

Today I finished things off...reinstalled the trolling motor bracket and wiring, and reinstalled the light base.

12installed.jpg

Oh yeah...one other thing. I towed this boat with my Kia Spectra just 2 times last summer. I just wasn't comfortable even though it seemed to pull the boat (and stop) just fine. So a few weeks ago, I purchased a 2009 Hyundai Tucson V6. I'm all set now to hit the water!!!

13towvehicle.jpg

I want to thank Fishnsled for the use of his ideas as well as tools! We'll get out in it soon hopefully!

Edited by ccmt

Thanks everyone! Wasn't a lot of work, but I only had short periods of time to work on it. Hopefully get it out in the next few weeks. The most expensive parts of this job? The stainless steel screws!!

Great job,Nice and clean looking. Your pulling it with a what? :whistling:

Brian...what? Have there been a few contentious towing threads or something of late?? The entire package is less than 1000 lbs, so I have no worries :whistling:

Real nice job!!,but you didn't have to keep the boat on it's side to work on it.:thumbsup_anim:

When I previewed this post, the pics were all rotated 90 degrees....so I went and edited them all. They show ok here....is it still messing up on some screens?

Excellent job Cliff, it's always nice to get things rigged up just exactly the way we like them. :thumbsup_anim:

Nice overhaul....

It's fun making your boat custom...

Lew and Mike,

Thanks! I have to admit, it's pretty satisfying doing this and having it turn out well. Can't wait to get it out on the water now!

Great work Cliff. Now you need a bigger puttputt on the back for the extra weight. :whistling:

The 30hp that's on there already scares me full out...one time gunned it WOT and it felt like the back was going to swing out on me! LOL

Hey Cliff,

Curious why you went carpet instead of vinyl for the flooring. Is it a slip thing, or a cushy, squeeze the carpet with your toes thing ;)

and great job on the extended deck and trolling mount.

WB

Hey thanks! To tell you the truth, vinyl never even crossed my mind! I do like the feel of the carpet though....

12installed.jpg

Looks awesome Cliff except you put the trolling motor on the wrong side.....:whistling: I have a feeling I know why you did it that way. ;)

Great work Cliff. Now you need a bigger puttputt on the back for the extra weight. :whistling:

That boat is fine with the extra weight, it moves very well with 2 guys, gear and wood floor. Can't remember what it did on the gps last year, will have to test it out again soon.