Most stupid thing you've heard while fishing,

Dave Bailey

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i hate armchair biologists that want to manage our lakes and rivers like put and take fish ponds instead functioning ecosystems. and i've heard/seen too many stupid quotes to list them all.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

When I tell people I fish during winter months, they all assume I only Ice fish, and why do I have to tolerate being cold outside. I have to tell them repeatedly that there are many creeks and river system that is fishable during winter months without having to just ice fish. To be a Canadian we have to embrace the winter outdoor.

Many also assume fishing is so boring, a waste of time and anglers do not do anything except to wait, they probably saw an older Popeye show where he tied his fishing line on his toe while taking a nap.

I tell these folks that the sport fishing industry in North america has a sale of more then 2 Billion dollars a year , more than Golf and Tennis sale combined.

Not something I've heard per say, just witnessed. Those who submerge their boat trailers so deep they spend gross amounts of time tying up the boat ramp trying to get the boat centered on the trailer..... wallbash.gif

Also the ever popular, back halfway down the ramp and start tying your lines. MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumbest product, bass pro a fish whacker! And for worms, worm food!

Nothing wrong with disposing of fish or keeping your worms healthy to be honest.

Another one of mine, pulling your boat up half the ramp then getting out and putting on the tiedowns, etc.

Get out of the way so OTHER PEOPLE CAN USE THE RAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BillM

Not something I've heard per say, just witnessed. Those who submerge their boat trailers so deep they spend gross amounts of time tying up the boat ramp trying to get the boat centered on the trailer..... wallbash.gif

LOL....see this ALL THE TIME.....only the winch of the trailer can be seen above the water and the dumbass has waders on, even though there are docks on both side of his trailer....I guess some like to launch and retrieve trailers....LOL... :rofl2:

Then, since the boat is not on straight after they pull it out of the depths of the launch they re-launch the boat and do it again and again and again... :wallbash:

LOL....see this ALL THE TIME.....only the winch of the trailer can be seen above the water and the dumbass has waders on, even though there are docks on both side of his trailer....I guess some like to launch and retrieve trailers....LOL... :rofl2:

Then, since the boat is not on straight after they pull it out of the depths of the launch they re-launch the boat and do it again and again and again... :wallbash:

Exactly!

You can spend all day trying to straighten it out on the trailer when the transom is floating high above the trailer, in, out, in, out, in, out...... whistling.gif

Exactly!

You can spend all day trying to straighten it out on the trailer when the transom is floating high above the trailer, in, out, in, out, in, out...... whistling.gif

You just want to throttle themwallbash.gif

Of course, that would never happen to Billy Bob, he doesnt even get his bearings wet.whistling.gif

The upside down spinning reel definitely gets me!

An annoyance that comes to mind is when I get a hit, or sometimes have even had the fish on for a few seconds, and my buddy tells me that it was weeds.

Honestly.

I'm a calm, patient guy.

But telling me that what I know was a fish, was really weeds? That's called lighting the fuse mad.gif

Floatfishing with " that guy" that thinks every time the float twitches or goes under it was a missed fish, even while fishing 4' of water with an 8' lead. Lol

And he sets the hook like a bull whip each time spooking the run. I hear Ya JonP.

The upside down spinning reel definitely gets me!

An annoyance that comes to mind is when I get a hit, or sometimes have even had the fish on for a few seconds, and my buddy tells me that it was weeds.

Honestly.

I'm a calm, patient guy.

But telling me that what I know was a fish, was really weeds? That's called lighting the fuse mad.gif

lol! So annoying!

My favorite is the guy anchored up with his fish alarm turned on and constantly beeping.

Why i prefer to fish alone mostly, and in my own boat!

I fished with a guy who insisted on having fish I.D and alarm on at all times. We would sit on a spot marking bubbles and weeds without catching anything but he would refuse to move cuz "No...look...look at all the fish down there!"

And folks who dont understand that when you are on a lake that is 4 million square miles in size with only 2 boats on it, it is not cool to use my marker bouy as a point of reference causing our hulls to touch from time to time, without as much as a hello or tip of the hat.

Edited by limeyangler

" Pee in the water it attracts the fish"

" Red Eyed Devil Bass"

" Tie a 9v battery to the line , it changes the polarity and alkalinity in the water and you will out fish yourself 20:1"

" fresh water Shark caught in Nipissing through the ice , happens every winter"

"fill your boat with water , the aluminum will swell and the leaks will disappear"

" Suckers are just like a Salmon they swim up river and die"

Randy

" Pee in the water it attracts the fish"

" Red Eyed Devil Bass"

" Tie a 9v battery to the line , it changes the polarity and alkalinity in the water and you will out fish yourself 20:1"

" fresh water Shark caught in Nipissing through the ice , happens every winter"

"fill your boat with water , the aluminum will swell and the leaks will disappear"

" Suckers are just like a Salmon they swim up river and die"

Randy

:rofl2::thumbsup_anim:

I fished with a guy who insisted on having fish I.D and alarm on at all times. We would sit on a spot marking bubbles and weeds without catching anything but he would refuse to move cuz "No...look...look at all the fish down there!"

I did that all last season, but it wasnt a guy saying that, it was my wife. Mine in the bow was set normal, and she thought all the fish were around the back of the boat cause mine wasnt beeping.rofl2.gifblush.gif