Here's a head scratcher for yah!

Headhunter

The water will go a few degrees below 0 and stay liquid until the molecules are disturbed. Bill said it right, it's called supercooling.

Somewhat the same effect when you open an extremely cold beer, starts off as liquid, then eventually turns to slush.

Edited by Rod Caster

The water will go a few degrees below 0 and stay liquid until the molecules are disturbed. Bill said it right, it's called supercooling.

Somewhat the same effect when you open an extremely cold beer, starts off as liquid, then eventually turns to slush.

draft_lens1944447module9562361photo_1210958477homer-drool.gif

Mmmm ... Slush Beer.

OK, smart guys, why is it when you take spring water that has been sitting down there 100's maybe 1000's of years, put it in a bottle and suddenly it has an expiry date wallbash.gif

Whats'up with that dunno.gif

Bacteria and or UV light would change some of chemical properties of the water. Underground is very sterile with no light penetration..... the other factor is companies trying to make money probably.

i think the funniest part of all this is that people actually PAY for bottles of water! hahahahahaha

Amen on that one. If I get my city water at $1.18 a cubic meter, why would anyone pay $0.20 for one 1 litre bottle. For those unaware, a cubic meter equals 1000 - 1 litre or 2000 - 500ml bottles. That means I pay $0.00118 cents per litre. You can sure filter a lot of water through a Brita system and still come out far ahead. All you have to do is...omg there's work involved.

OK, but what is it costing me /liter for my water? I have a well with an iron sulpher remover, a UV system to make sure there is no bacteria in the water and a 5 stage RO system to make sure that my water is absolutly pure. I guess you'd have to factor in the cost to maintain the well and pump, the hydro to pump and purify the water, the amount of water wasted by the RO system, the hydro to run the RO system and time, the cost to maintain the septic system because of the extra volume of water produced by the RO system. Now, that doesn't include the health costs associated with drinking chloraneted water, the dental costs because of the lack of floridation in my water. Far too complicated for this old brain to figure out! I think I'll just carry on knowing that I don't have any chemicals added to my water and it is as pure as I can get it.

Saw a thing on internet the other day where they are using 2L bottles of water with a bit of chlorine in it and using them as a light. Apparently generates 55W. They put them in the roof of a building and the sun hits the bottle and I'm not sure how it works or why the chlorine but I saw the results. Was very impressive! Science is so amazing!

Saw a thing on internet the other day where they are using 2L bottles of water with a bit of chlorine in it and using them as a light. Apparently generates 55W. They put them in the roof of a building and the sun hits the bottle and I'm not sure how it works or why the chlorine but I saw the results. Was very impressive! Science is so amazing!

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58693&st=0&p=643212&hl=water%20bottle&fromsearch=1entry643212

Seen that clip awhile ago and it was pretty cool. I'm guessing that the chlorine is just to keep the water from getting any algae growth and keeping it clear. Was thinking of trying it on my old shed before I tear it down. Would be cool to see it first hand, not sure how it would stand up to our changing climate though.

Seen that clip awhile ago and it was pretty cool. I'm guessing that the chlorine is just to keep the water from getting any algae growth and keeping it clear. Was thinking of trying it on my old shed before I tear it down. Would be cool to see it first hand, not sure how it would stand up to our changing climate though.

So, I wonder how much antifreeze we would have to put in the bottle and if that would have any effect on it. Might be a good way to add a light to an ice hut! Might be a good way to add lights to my boat house too.