OK, did I miss it?

Big Cliff

Look at the bright side though. Maybe they're the hot place to go to now and Mike is so overwhelmed with joy that he's too emotional at the moment to post his report. That'd be great really. Especially for Mike but also for others planning a trip.

I was waiting to see what sort of a report he came back with and I am wondering if I missed it somewhere or he was just too embarassed to post about it?

Alright.. Sorry guys since i have been back i have done nothing but study, write midterms, eat and sleep.

Snowfari... First off, the service was actually good. He has 2 guys that came around every morning and changed our crapper and our dish water, they also came around at 11 and 330 to see if we wanted to go out near the day huts so they could drill holes for us. They had a hut with minnows, dishwater and other necessities about 100 yards from us so if we needed anything we could just walk and get it.

Next, hut location... Is wasnt very far off land and the fishing wasnt that good for us (its about 25-30 feet under the huts). All we got from the hut was 1 jumbo perch and about 8 mud puppies, but we did drive to the hut so we were able to take off to wherever we wanted. We would drive out a couple kilometers at 11 and come back around 6, we caught just about our limit of walleye everyday and a couple of perch, so we were happy about that. The weather was beautiful, blue bird -5 to -15, and no wind, we dont have a portable hut so the weather saved us!

We had no problems with the owners, they seem like if you give them crap they will give you crap. So we didnt give them crap and didnt get out of control with the drinking at night and there were no problems.

Overall 7.5 to 8, if the fishing picked up in the hut so we had something to do at night then just drink this trip would of been as good as it gets.

Still doesn't cut it for an ice bungalow experience as far as I am concerned. The only reason I would stay in one of those sub par things is if I had fish right under me. That's what the whole experience is about as far as I am concerned. If you have to get up in the morning and jump in your vehicle to go searching for fish you might as well stay with another outfitter in a nice COMFY ROOMY cabin on shore with a shower and all the other conveniences... and have them drive you out to there fishing shacks with fish right under them.

Thanks however for taking the time to post a report.

Still doesn't cut it for an ice bungalow experience as far as I am concerned. The only reason I would stay in one of those sub par things is if I had fish right under me. That's what the whole experience is about as far as I am concerned. If you have to get up in the morning and jump in your vehicle to go searching for fish you might as well stay with another outfitter in a nice COMFY ROOMY cabin on shore with a shower and all the other conveniences... and have them drive you out to there fishing shacks with fish right under them.

BINGO!! But. Good to hear the OP enjoyed it.

EXACTLY!

I think the report is exactly what I expected to read. There are no fish where he is located, with the exception of some mud puppies. Why would you go there just to use the bungalow for a place to sleep, go to a cabin or motel and enjoy sleeping in a bed instead of on plywood and crapping in a toilet instead of a pail.

South Shore Ice Condos all the way!