Check your lightbulbs

jedimaster

Spoke with the guys in my office, we all agreed (even the guy that would give a ticket to his grandma) that that was a dumb ass move....

So would it have done him any good to go into the station with his receipt and explain what had happened?

Spoke with the guys in my office, we all agreed (even the guy that would give a ticket to his grandma) that that was a dumb ass move....

Glad to hear that Dave!

Now as for the officer issuing the ticket, I really think this should be brought up to her Superiors. She is out there tying up the court system with this drivel and wasting everyones time and money!If it turns out that they support her actions, well at least you will know what state we are really in in this Country!

I mean, come on, would I have stopped him, yes of course, but only to make him aware. That's it!

In the mean time, there are absolute morons out on the streets pulling all kinds of crap that IS SERIOUS, but this cop is busy playing her little games!

Makes you sick sometimes when you think of how ridiculas this whole thing is!

Very well said Brian, specially the part about our already overloaded courts. Get rid of some of these ridiculous charges and make room in the courts for the important stuff.

And also as I said way back at the beginning of this post, the boss cop at whatever station this poor excuse for a traffic cop works out of should be notified of what's going on with her.

Wonder how many other innocent people she's harrassed before this ??

It does seem silly, however, to play devils advocate, if the officer was a traffic enforcement officer she could have been on an equipment blitz and was writing equipment charges all day. Who knows really. We do blitzes all the time - cell phones, seat belts, stop signs, commercial motor vehicle etc... Obviously it seems to be a chincy ticket, but you never know

We do blitzes all the time - cell phones, seat belts, stop signs, commercial motor vehicle etc...

Some things are worthy of a ticket Dave, but NOBODY could agree with giving a man a ticket for a blown light bulb, specially when he had the new one right in the car with him and showed it to the cop writing the ticket.

Even is he beats the charge...which I'm sure he will...the man is still out a bunch of $$$$ from work, plus all his inconvenience.

Certainly has nothing to do with you, but this thing is a total farce.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

a friend got a ticket recently for walking home impaired. no doubt the guy had a few, but it sure beats the alternative. i can see issuing a drunk in public ticket if someone is being bothersome, but the guy was just walking with a swagger along a sidewalk in a residential neighbourhood. it bothers me that i see the same guys in the newspaper once a month for assault and petty crime but my law abiding friends get harassed for NOT drinking and driving.

a friend got a ticket recently for walking home impaired. no doubt the guy had a few, but it sure beats the alternative. i can see issuing a drunk in public ticket if someone is being bothersome, but the guy was just walking with a swagger along a sidewalk in a residential neighbourhood. it bothers me that i see the same guys in the newspaper once a month for assault and petty crime but my law abiding friends get harassed for NOT drinking and driving.

Wow, that's ridiculous, i would definitely fight this light bulb fiasco.

Yah, I am surprised about the amount of attention this got here and thanks to all the supporters. I am happy for the suppot but I think my options are and were limited to the three little check boxes the second she wrote the ticket. Anyway, I am hoping I get a reasonable justice of the peace or whoever it is that I see whenever I see them.

I dunno, maybe she really thought I was really doing public danger driving in the city with one headlight. Maybe she just got reamed out by her boss to give more tickets, Maybe someone in a grey corolla ran over her cat when she was a child, maybe she thought I looked at her funny, maybe it was that time of the month. I really don't know. She was determined to give me that ticket though I can tell you that much. She didn't give me any chance or anything. Before I knew what was going on she had it written up and it was in my hand, and I was trying to plead my case for all of 5 seconds before she was off.

I am angry about it, yes. It does serve to taint my already not so high opinion of certain various police departments and there procedures. I don't think it was right. I really think she could have given me a warning, or followed me home, or told me to change it and come in to the department or something. I really don't even see what the big deal is to be honest with you. Its not like my car is invisible in the city with one headlight. Its not like I can't see where I am going or like I can't see pedestrians. I mean the whole point of mandating cars to have 2 headlights on a car is so that if one goes out you can see with the other.

I think we should just put this one to rest until I go to court and deal with it. I'll be certain to update everyone on the proceedings for sure, and thanks again for everyone support, especially the PM's.

Not a problem,Until he staggers off the sidewalk and into the front of a moving car.

I got one of thees tickets when I was young.But I think it was more about what I said to the cop before he gave the ticket.

Still gave a free ride home.

I don't know or if it's just me,but next time your on the highway check out how many VW cars have at least one tail light out.Boggles the mind.

I think you might be confusing the fog light with tail lights... Most of the euro cars which have rear fogs installed will only have them installed on one side. Leads people to think the rear tail lights aren't working :)

I think you might be confusing the fog light with tail lights... Most of the euro cars which have rear fogs installed will only have them installed on one side. Leads people to think the rear tail lights aren't working :)

I'm noticing this at 5-6am in the morning.Highways pitch black.

Well after reading 5 pages a couple times and biting my tongue a few times, one thing can be gleaned for sure. For the many it takes to build up a good relationship with the general public, it only takes one to throw the proverbial wrench into the equation. And they wonder why the public views them with dismay more and more. The fortunate thing, they're not all bad, hopefully we get to interact with the sane ones.

• 1 month later...