Lake Simcoe Whities

Aaron Shirley

Absolutely epic video, Aaron and Tony. Lots of action, lots of tips, two smiling faces and a whole lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it and hope I can get to see more.

Both of you, be well.

ps. That cameraman of yours is no slouch either.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was a fun day.

LOL Terry. I've been putting that video together in my spare time after my kids go to bed for 2 months. Now there is no ice to get out for whities! To make matters worse, I got a new Frabill Trekker Shuttle for Xmas and I have to wait to try it out. Good thing I also fish the Niagara in the winter :)

Thanks for sharing! Was great to see how other people do it, since I get rejected almost everytime by the whitefish.

Your show should definitely be on TV instead of some of those other ones out there. Shows that show nothing about presentation and clips begin the moment fish are hooked up are absolutely junk.

Thanks for sharing! Was great to see how other people do it, since I get rejected almost everytime by the whitefish.

Your show should definitely be on TV instead of some of those other ones out there. Shows that show nothing about presentation and clips begin the moment fish are hooked up are absolutely junk.

Absolutely agree, I cant believe some of the so called fishing shows that make it on TV

This for sure. Your video had so much useful tips and information. The stuff on TV is just blatant product placement and advertising. This is on top of the fact that you were nailing fish on a lake that is accessible to everyone whereas many fishing shows are done in remote locations where anyone can catch fish.

I can't agree more.... your video not only is entertaining but also very educational....that was something that years ago the In-Fishermen shows were famous for....now almost all shows on TV bore me with their product pushing bull....Keep up the nice work... :thumbsup_anim:

On a different note I REALLY enjoy smoked whitefish and consider them the BEST that can be had....however, I have heard that they are a great baking fish, although I never had them this way....I would like to hear how you guys cook them other then smoking as I always considered them a very oily fish that made them great for smoking.

Thanks for the video! Can't wait to get out there. Loved seeing the HDS in action on the ice. Makes me wonder if I should change over from a flasher.

I might even try using a Rapala jig for whitefish this season. I usually stick with the other horizontal jigs and Williams spoons.

Nice DIY tip-up (or is it a tip-down?) as well.

Cheers!