Another day on the ice. :)

DRIFTER_016

Took my buddies kid out pikin' today and he had a blast.

Got the big one of the day too!!!! :D

We ended up landing about 20 fish with a bunch of small ones a few in the 10 to 12 pound class and this guy up around 22 pounds!!!!

The kid is spoiled now and will have to be put down!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

PC290126.jpg

PC2901278.jpg

Not a typo Dan, fish is 43" and thick. :tease::tease::tease:

44 1/2 and thicker. 16,17 lbs. depending where the scale landed at the time (I'm 6'2" 240 lbs.). Caught this guy about 6 or 7 years ago and it was the last fish I ever weighed. I guess my point is that I'm not a big supporter of weighing fish if they are going to be released. . A length and a quick photo is good enough in todays catch and release society. Weighing a fish is just another, and probably the most stressful thing that you can do to a fish. The accuracy of any scale is questionable. Who care what it weighs? Just show us a photo and let us guess what it weighed.

aug06nip2.jpg

Dan, I bet you weren't too happy when you hooked into that were ya :) :)

Do I look happy?? Caught it about a hundred yards from where you caught your beast last year Bill. With a history like that, I'll have to start avoiding that place best I can. Problem is that I've caught a bunch of 6 and 7 lb. Brookies in the same place. Ooopps. Make that 23 and 24 inch Brookies. :whistling:

Do I look happy?? Caught it about a hundred yards from where you caught your beast last year Bill. With a history like that, I'll have to start avoiding that place best I can. Problem is that I've caught a bunch of 6 and 7 lb. Brookies in the same place. Ooopps. Make that 23 and 24 inch Brookies. :whistling:

I'll be up in June to put a beating on those ugly snakes for you :)

Just to support Dave and stick it to non-believers. I have a Northern mounted on my livingroom wall that was caught through the ice in 2006. It was 43 and 3/4 inches long and weighed just over 22 lbs.

CIMG1637.jpg

CIMG1636.jpg

If you all want to guess the weight....go ahead. I know what it weighed and don't really give a crap what you think about it.

****That is the hook and 8 lbs. line I caught it on in the corner of the mouth.****

Nice 22 pound pike for the young lad Dave.

Edited by Nipfisher

Dave thanks for taking my son out yesterday, he had a blast. Hopfully I can get out in a week or so.

And for all the readers, Mr Blizzard and his family made the move to Yellowknife from Barrie 5 or 6 weeks ago. If it was not for crossing paths with Dave through the OFC we would never have been able to experience the chance of a lifetime. It was a big move but the opportunities here are amazing. And as for the fishing, unbelievable, the pictures say it all. Look forward to giving more pics and postings again. Mr Blizzard is finally home, ice fishing the beginning of December life is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave truly knows his stuff. :thumbsup_anim::clapping: