Finally went and did it

ecmilley

congratulations on shaking the shackles ! It was the sled commute that sealed the deal right ;)

My guess it was the two bait and tackle stores just down the street...whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Congrats on the move Ernie and I hope all goes well for you...

All the more reason why you can'nt , are real reasons why you should , they will be what drives you . I started with a wife and two kids in public school and 200 $ from my laid off paycheck . Don't kid your self , if you think you have what it takes , go use it and if all go's well you will ask your self in the end why did'nt i do it sooner . Never wait to long because before you know it there is not enought time left . Good luck ..........Ron

yes you are right, but I just want to make sure I go at it properly so I'm not in over my head. The fact that I still have a young family means that I have so much more to lose if I fail. The restaurant business has one of the highest failure rates! I want to crawl really good before I try to stand up and run!

yes you are right, but I just want to make sure I go at it properly so I'm not in over my head. The fact that I still have a young family means that I have so much more to lose if I fail. The restaurant business has one of the highest failure rates! I want to crawl really good before I try to stand up and run!

That sounds like me twenty five years ago ....lol , "if i fail" . Back in my mid 30's i had an idea and ran it by a local buisness guy i worked for and he told me to go for it and i said to him my great'ess fear was what if i failed , then he told me i was cheatting my self thinking that way and asked me if i would feel better knowing i tryed and failed then never having tryed at all . I left him and pondered what he said for a few days til it made sence , why cheat my self , i was a hard worker , nobody ever had to tell me what to do , i made the companies i worked for lots of money , then thought what if i worked that hard for my self , i could'nt go wrong , so i dove in with both feet , walked in and asked for a fifty thousand dollar loan and the stupid buggers gave it to me and i went out and bought my first peice equipment , then went home and said to my self what ta hell did i just go and do , scared to death . Now my friend 25 years later i have assets worth over 1.2 and i am just getting started at knowing what i am doing and loving it more and more each day and what i can achive . But thru it all i forgot one thing , i forgot to add in ones health and the old age that was coming . At 48 i got sick with heart trouble , the kind they can't fix , i am know 56 and i am tired like an old man and with no medication i'd be gone in a few days and i am still putting my employees to bed every day . My only regreet is that i did'nt get off my ass sooner , if i had off i could of had all i wanted by the time i reached 40 , you know they say it all starts after 40 where you health is consern , just ask any of the older one's here . Don't wait to long my friend if you think you have what it takes .

Edited by Skipper " D "

GUTS GUMPTION AND HARD WORK IS ALL THAT IT TAKES good on you guys.The wife never believed in it and now I wonder where would I have been after 40 years of working for someone else.

Make sure you have a web site and post it here as my son and wife are moving to Lindsey in January and I will direct them to it for service of their 2 cars..

vance

Good for you Ernie.

The first 5 years are the toughest.

Lots of hours toiling to pay for equipment.

But the hard work should pay off in the long run.

I started out in our community with a couple things no one else did.

Alignments, AC and a lot of experience in "new fangled stuff"

Worked out real well.

So what are you saying Bernie... in another 10 years he should be able to go ice fishing again!! :jerry:

Congrats Ernie... nose to the grind stone and remember there's nobody gonna pat you on the back but yourself for your hard work. It can get lonely, but enjoy the other side of the freedom!

just gat my alignment set up and working wednesday, i am the first one in Canada apparantly with the new john beam laser 3d machine with the double targets 5 mp camera and pro 42 software all I know for sure is it works great.

lots of hours for sure but at least there for hours for me still need an AC machine but that can wait till april, again thanks everyone for the support

just gat my alignment set up and working wednesday, i am the first one in Canada apparantly with the new john beam laser 3d machine with the double targets 5 mp camera and pro 42 software all I know for sure is it works great.

lots of hours for sure but at least there for hours for me still need an AC machine but that can wait till april, again thanks everyone for the support

So is it all set up and ready to go? If so I'll be coming in to see you very soon!