ARE YOU STILL FISHING?

mike rousseau

65 members have voted

1. 1. whos still taking advantage of soft water?

• YES... in the boat
    • YES... off shore
    • ICE fishing already
    • WAITING for ice up
    • WAITING for spring... : (

Same... I put the canoe in the back yard about a month ago, and I have only tried a couple times off-shore since, with no luck. My hands were freezing the last couple times so I just stopped. I want some nice thin gloves that let me feel the hits, but also block the wind, for next fall... Withdrawal is not the word - I'm fishing in my dreams, and in my daydreams! And I am only now acquiring winter gear. Put this off for too long.

Dana

i have been looking at these for next year.Tried a pair on and they are very comfortable

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-reg-Neoprene-Fishing-Gloves/product/73534/142605

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Fall steelheading is my favourite time of year. The fishing isn't boom and bust as much as spring so there's a slow trickle of fish into many tribs and the best part is, everybody is hunting!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I would normally still be out in a boat this time of year. Def. the best time for big walleyes.

Not this year though, just too many other things going on.

I'm still getting out on the shores though, not as much as normal but enough to keep the demons at bay, lol.

Dana/Mercman, If your looking to keep your hands warm and still be able to feel whats going on while fishing, try leather mechanic gloves. I just cut the one finger off at the knuckle for casting. Works good, there cheap, and they sell them everywhere. So there easily replaceable too!

Edited by manitoubass2

Dana/Mercman, If your looking to keep your hands warm and still be able to feel whats going on while fishing, try leather mechanic gloves. I just cut the one finger off at the knuckle for casting. Works good, there cheap, and they sell them everywhere. So there easily replaceable too!

Great idea Bud !!

I was looking at black spandex to keep the rest of me warm.I figured if ski jumpers and speed skaters used spandex, it would be good for boat fishing too.

I was sorely wrong though.wallbash.gif

Dana

i have been looking at these for next year.Tried a pair on and they are very comfortable

http://www.basspro.c...ct/73534/142605

I saw these, or something nearly identical, at Remakko's in Sudbury, but they felt too thick for fall fishing to me. One of the sales reps told me they usually carry this other kind of glove that is exactly what I am looking for, but it was out of stock the day I was there.

These ones do look good for ice fishing though, especially on the days I plan to go (warm days!).

I could go with the cheaper ideas, I guess. But it's a bit late now - the snow's a-fallin' and there is a layer of ice this morning on the lake near my house, and sub-zero temps all up in the forecast, so... Can't be long now.

I needed that laugh, thanks!

Seriously, hahahahaha

Actually its warm enough, but when you are going fast in the boat, the wind causes a rippleing effect on heavy set guys like me, if you get my drift.Creates all kinds of drag.mellow.gif

I'm a wimp...the boat has been put away for the better part of a month now...and really didn't leave the dock much for the month before that.

I did do a lot of dock fishing in the evenings up til the 15th when the pickerel season closed. It was more of an excuse to drink beer and excersize the dog, mostly small perch, bass and the occasional catfish. Now I'm just waiting for the ice.

Actually its warm enough, but when you are going fast in the boat, the wind causes a rippleing effect on heavy set guys like me, if you get my drift.Creates all kinds of drag.mellow.gif

It made me laugh because I thought I was crazy wearing that stuff when I used to work in the oil field. -70 with the windchill, working outside for 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, and a guy will try anything to stay warm, lol.

The ol' Helly Hanson suite makes for some killer winter fishing gear these days clapping.gif

Life is a BLUR. I have 9 hobby's all are fishing. They take 12 months.

Some I do twice like Spring perch and fall perch, fall Steelheading and spring steelheading unless it's warm winter then it's fall, winter and early spring, with some ice fishing in there. The boats in early for Crappie and perch, then wallys then pike,then bass then surf fishing cape cod that's new really cool with some salmon fishing.

Lifes a blur think I will going trout fishing now.

Might try competitive carp fishing just not those 56 hr things.

Ice ruins nothing Craig.

It makes it possible to hit all those lakes that you have to fly into the rest of the year.

Eh, I disagree. To me, ice is for people who haven't discovered salt water fishing down south! The fishing is far better .... the scenery is far nicer (the girls are in bikinis, not parkas) .... and ice fishing is way too much work. I mean, I'm pretty tired just making a hole big enough to fit the boat in .......