Mid Life Crisis?

Basskicker

I must be going through mid life crisis, already given notice to quit my job, already sold the house and moving north....way north to Manitouwadge, Ontario. My wife got a great job in town and her family lives up there. Leaving next weekend to buy a house and be mortgage free. Definitely a life changing event, I have no job lined up, but I know and believe everything happens for a reason and things will work out!!

We have always wanted to live up north, so we are doing it, enough of this rat race!!

I already have most of my toys, but I need a snowmobile....looking a getting a 2011 Yamaha Bravo 250.....looked at other new machines but cost WAY TOO MUCH-10-15 grand, the bravo I can probably get for 5000 cash. I just wanted some opinions on this machine, already have 2 feet of snow up there :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers

Jason

a 250 isnt much power, if I were you the lowest i would go is around a 500 cc. but thats just me. Can find some nice sleds in the $5000.00 range that are a couple of years older, and make sure its good in powder if they already have that much snow haha.

Good luck

Nice move! Congrats and I'm sure you'll enjoy the true north.

The Bravos are very light and float like a boat... There is no comparison unless its a similar trapping sled.

I like fast sleds, but I'd probably get a Bravo or similar if I was buying new. It'll be one of your favorite tools I'm sure.

a 250 isnt much power, if I were you the lowest i would go is around a 500 cc. but thats just me. Can find some nice sleds in the $5000.00 range that are a couple of years older, and make sure its good in powder if they already have that much snow haha.

Good luck

X2 on the 500cc minimum. I've always looked at the Bravo as a kids machine. They are great machines, however, go big or go home!

You can't go wrong with a Bravo. I've taken them into a TON of places a bigger machine wouldn't get close to. Its the first machine I go to when its time to break a trail!! Light, reliable, and easy to repair....if ti breaks down!

If you can find the 340 long track, grab one. Probably the best bushwacking sled going. You don't need anything big to get places. A bravo will get you anywhere..........just not fast!!

S.

You can't go wrong with a Bravo. I've taken them into a TON of places a bigger machine wouldn't get close to. Its the first machine I go to when its time to break a trail!! Light, reliable, and easy to repair....if ti breaks down!

If you can find the 340 long track, grab one. Probably the best bushwacking sled going. You don't need anything big to get places. A bravo will get you anywhere..........just not fast!!

S.

Thanks...that's what I was hoping to here!! I don't need a machine to do Mach 1....just get there and back, there is over 400 small back lakes within 150km in every direction!!! I can't wait :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks...that's what I was hoping to here!! I don't need a machine to do Mach 1....just get there and back, there is over 400 small back lakes within 150km in every direction!!! I can't wait :thumbsup_anim:

Yep, a Bravo is a great machine especially when there is no groomed trail and tight woods to get through.

I did the midlife crisis thing 6 years ago and moved to Yellowknife.

Best thing I ever did!!!!

Have fun in the North country. :good::good:

Yep, a Bravo is a great machine especially when there is no groomed trail and tight woods to get through.

I did the midlife crisis thing 6 years ago and moved to Yellowknife.

Best thing I ever did!!!!

Have fun in the North country. :good::good:

Hey Drifter your hard water fishing season start out there yet?

Hey Jason, will you be gone before ice fishing starts here ? was going to give you a call to get on the ice in 2012

Hey bud, yes my wife's new job starts Nov 29/11 so I will be gone by Dec 15/11, but if your crazy enough to drive 13 hours north your more than welcome to join me for a few days.