Hacked by provider (Bell)

wkrp

I log into my sympatico email and find out it is no longer valid. So I phone the teckies not once but twice and they both said I was out of luck . No explanation of why ,just a sorry and you are "outta luck." Lost all my folders and files and they dont care. And im paying $30 a month to be hacked by my internet provider. Mad as hell and im not gonna take it anymore End rant

I log into my sympatico email and find out it is no longer valid. So I phone the teckies not once but twice and they both said I was out of luck . No explanation of why ,just a sorry and you are "outta luck." Lost all my folders and files and they dont care. And im paying $30 a month to be hacked by my internet provider. Mad as hell and im not gonna take it anymore End rant

Same kind of thing happened to me in the 90's.

They accidentally deleted my email account and said too bad so sad. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I said let me talk to your supervisor please and I explained the situation to him and he said not to worry that he would get it all straightened out. Long story short, he got everything all put back the way it was.

So, call in again and ask to talk with a supervisor and hopefully all will be rectified.

Good luck.

So, call in again and ask to talk with a supervisor and hopefully all will be rectified.

Good luck.

I agree. The size of the tech departments in these large providers means that they don't always have the most brilliant individuals working for them. In fact, working conditions can be so poor that their turn-around becomes an issue, to the point where you're always getting a newbie (so add that up... newbie + idiot = :wallbash: ).

A supervisor will at least know who his/her senior agents are, and these are usually the individuals who know how to locate the 2 or 3 check boxes that will re-animate your stuff (if it's possible).

Make sure you tell them (btw I did this with Rogers once)

a)you're :angry:

b)you talked to 2 idiots who treated you like :asshat:

c)you're going to cancel your service and go to Rogers

The problem should then magically fix itself and, if the supervisor is worth their breath, you should get a credit on something.

p.-

I started with Shaw then Rogers bought over, 18yrs of awesome service. We recently moved and there is no Rogers up here, so I have bell. All I have to say is when rogers gets up here, the Bell modem is going to used for target practice. Bell has horrible customer service!! Just my 2c

I started with Shaw then Rogers bought over, 18yrs of awesome service. We recently moved and there is no Rogers up here, so I have bell. All I have to say is when rogers gets up here, the Bell modem is going to used for target practice. Bell has horrible customer service!! Just my 2c

My wife switched us for the same reasons... but it was from rogers to bell. Bottom line with little competition, the big guys don't have to change and the customer gets the shaft in the end.

I had a Rogers email account in Toronto for many years.

I moved to the country 2 years ago and seeing as cable isn't available here I had to get a Rogers Rocket Hub for my phone and internet. After I got it all set-up I tried to get into my email account but it no longer existed. Even when I tried to send myself a message it came back saying the address basically was gone.

I contacted Rogers and was told that "sorry, once you went with the hub your account was wiped out and couldn't be retrieved"

My email account just went poof into cyberspace along with all my addresses and several important things I had stored there.

It'd be nice if these fine folks informed us when things like this are gonna happen :dunno:

I had a Rogers email account in Toronto for many years.

I moved to the country 2 years ago and seeing as cable isn't available here I had to get a Rogers Rocket Hub for my phone and internet. After I got it all set-up I tried to get into my email account but it no longer existed. Even when I tried to send myself a message it came back saying the address basically was gone.

I contacted Rogers and was told that "sorry, once you went with the hub your account was wiped out and couldn't be retrieved"

My email account just went poof into cyberspace along with all my addresses and several important things I had stored there.

It'd be nice if these fine folks informed us when things like this are gonna happen :dunno:

Lew, that's why it important to go with a independent FREE email service like Gmail.......you can change Internet Providers daily and you still keep your Gmail account.

Man that sucks, we get so we depend on our email for so many things. We had Bell and hated it, then we went to Xplornet, they were good for a couple of years then they got too big and their service kept getting worse. We finally went to a local company and while there were a few minor issues in the begining since they straightened them out, it has been super. We are thinking of changing our phone over early in the new year just so we can get rid of one more Bell service.

Hope talking to a supervisor gets your issue resolved!

We are thinking of changing our phone over early in the new year just so we can get rid of one more Bell service.

Been using Vonage for 6 years now.

I don't do a lot of talking so am only paying for 500 min/month @ $20.

All long distance/local, voicemail etc. I love how the voicemail gets sent to my email so I get the message where ever I am either by webmail or on my Blackberry. :thumbsup_anim:

I think their latest deal is $19.95 first 3 months unlimited and then $29.95 after that.

Lew, that's why it important to go with a independent FREE email service like Gmail.......you can change Internet Providers daily and you still keep your Gmail account.

That's why I switched to Gmail

When i phone Bell to tell them i was cancelling they asked me why. I said "Service and price---I think that just about overs it!!"

Edited by Knuguy

I have been with Bell forever.Cell phones, Satelite TV ,internet here and internet at my Bussiness.Never had an issue, ever.Had a problem with satelite signal a month ago, logged on to my account on line, went to the live chat line in customer service, and next day a tech was here to re aim the dish, no charge.

Had a modem problem, they puro'd out a new WIFI modem, and helped me set it up by telephone, no problem,no charge.I have Bussiness Hi Speed, unlimited downloads, never any surprises.dunno.gif

Web based email all the way.You can change isp's and not lose a single message or address.I've had Hotmail since 1997 and have never had a problem even though MSN bought them out.I also have a gmail account that works perfectly.My isp has changed its name and my email addy 2 times in the last 5 years so my email addy was also changed.Since I dont use that account much it was no loss.

Joe

Web based email all the way.You can change isp's and not lose a single message or address.I've had Hotmail since 1997 and have never had a problem even though MSN bought them out.I also have a gmail account that works perfectly.My isp has changed its name and my email addy 2 times in the last 5 years so my email addy was also changed.Since I dont use that account much it was no loss.

Joe

Bell's email is hosted by Microsoft.

It is just a Bell branded version of Hotmail.

. We are thinking of changing our phone over early in the new year just so we can get rid of one more Bell service.

Hope talking to a supervisor gets your issue resolved!

You and me too Cliff especially since they raised the bill by $5 a month a couple of months ago...

A bundle of hi-speed for the computer, cable for the tv, and phone with 1000 hrs a month (long distance incl.) will be a decent savings...still deciding what channel deals to take...

Will need to buy a couple of remote phones as we only have two now...one for the garage and the other for the bathroom...I need also to find to whether if it displays " call display"...

Edited by Beans

I decided to get rid of Bell Express Vu ang go with Shaw. More channels and HD for a better price . Gee I lost my monthly Bell bill and i have no idea where its gone . Maybe it is in the same place as my email information.

I just switched to Vonage from Bell for my phone. I had it years ago and loved it, unfortunately I had to cancel when I went internet free for a bit. My bill is going from $45/month to $20/month with every feature available. $0 for everything and the first month free right now for the basic plan :thumbsup_anim: