Snowblower Recommendations

RickOnt

I am looking for a Blower.

I have a 4 wheeler/ATV with plow but sometimes if the snow is drifted or we get more than I can push and Ramp up, a Blower would help.

I have been spoiled as the neihbour has a big blower on His Tractor and He was doing some cleanup for me,

However this year He is going to Florida for 3 Months,

What Size,HP,Brands etc would anyone recommend.

Rick

Toro without a doubt, I have had mine for 12 years now without a problem.I would NOT recommend anything that comes in a box that you have to do any assembly on.My Toro dealer actually put it together and showed me how to run it properly and then delivered it at no charge. :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

vance

I love my Ariens. My lane into my property is over 350 meters long and my Platinum 30 handles any snowfall with no problems.

Platinum 30 402x302_Platinum_30_01_Final.png402x302_Platinum_30_01_Final.png

Platinum

The Ariens® Platinum Sno-Thro Series is highly featured and right for the job. Includes luxuries such as automatic traction control, Quick Turn chute rotation and handwarmers.​

Key Features

• 342cc Ariens Polar Force engine by Briggs & Stratton®
  • 30" Clearing Width
  • Directional Snow Tread Tires
  • 14” Steel Serrated Auger
  • Automatic Traction Control
  • Throws snow up to 50 feet
  • Handwarmers
  • Halogen Headlight
  • Remote Cap Deflector

Toro without a doubt, I have had mine for 12 years now without a problem.I would NOT recommend anything that comes in a box that you have to do any assembly on.My Toro dealer actually put it together and showed me how to run it properly and then delivered it at no charge. :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Agreed! toro is the best when it comes to snowblowers and commercial grade lawnmowers. A bit expensive compared to the other guys but its worth it. Another good option is ariens which can be found at most home depots. For a toro you will have to find an independent dealer.

Edited by oakvillzfinest420

Toro are a good machine. ;)

As for size 28"-30" and 10-12 HP is a good all around size.

When I lived back in Ontario I used a 10HP 30" maching to do my 200' driveway and it would take about 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours depending on snow depth.

When we get those big winter storms with the high winds it was not up to the task as the snow got hard like concrete in our wide open driveway. When that happened we just called up one of the neighbours with a tractor and blower combo. There's no way a small blower like that is going to handle 5' deep drifts that a 200# man can walk on without breaking through. :whistling:

yardworks are the greatest!!!!!! :sarcasm: ill sell you mine so i can buy an Arians....up here i wouldnt own anything less that a 10 horse...unless it was an old school arians ...then i would go down to 8 horse

Now that i think of it ...i should just take my yardworks in for repairs even though it was repaired when i put it away last year...friggin Junk

I`ve been running an MTD for 8 years trouble free.10hp Tecumseh Snow King motor chews through everything i`ve put unto it so far.Trick is to keep it tuned up every year.Its like an outboard motor,treat it nice, it will last forever.

Exactly

This will be my 5th winter with my Ariens 1128 (11 HP, 28" cut). It has the Tecumseh Snow King engine which is no longer made.

This thing is a TANK! All steel construction and made in the USA!

I would stay away from anything with plastic components in the chute area as well. I almost made the mistake of buying a "Murray" by MTD. There is no comparison between the two machines! Mind you, the price difference was $600, but worth every penny.

I`ve been running an MTD for 8 years trouble free.10hp Tecumseh Snow King motor chews through everything i`ve put unto it so far.Trick is to keep it tuned up every year.Its like an outboard motor,treat it nice, it will last forever.

I would suggest getting it from a dealer though, you'd be amazed at how many of these things right out of the box aren't tuned properly. You MIGHT pay a little bit more (sometimes even less) than buying it from a big box store but you will get much better service if you ever do need it.

As for what size to get; that really depends on how big an area you need to clear. If you are only going to use it occasionally to cut back drifts or snow banks or is it going to be your primary snow removal tool now?

I just had a new Ariens delivered to my door last weekend from my local dealer. I purchased the 30" 12.5 hp. I payed 1575.00 plus tax, free set up and delivery. Home Depot was 1599.00 and setup was 40.00 and delivery was extra as well.

The reason I recommend Ariens is because they are made to last. My last one I purchased in 93, a 8hp 24". Never had any issues with it, but basic maintenance which I took care of myself. Two weeks ago I put new belts on it and a new bearing and sold it for 350.00 to my neighbour.

Another reason for buying a Ariens is that their parts distribution is second to none even if your machine is 25 yrs old or more. Trust me on this one, you won't be disapointed.

Dave That is one 'Serious' Snow Blower!!

Cliff I use the ATV with plow most of the time, But if we get a big dump with lots of wind the Bike will only push so uch, and by mid winter the driveway is getting narrower!!

Looks like Ariens is the most recommended. Home Depot has a 28" and I am gonna look for a Dealer.

Rick