Protesting

Rizzo

I'm confused by these protests. People complaining about inequality etc. If they spent these days working rather than loitering, smoking, hanging out in parks etc wouldn't they have more money, and then there would be less inequality because they earned more?

In principle I get the point I have for 30+ years no I dont like to be paying dog pokers and scammers and it does very much feel that my particular class is bearing most of the burden.

And you are right seems to be very Hippy sided

JM2C :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Peter

What exactly are they protesting. There is no clear message. It's just angry people grumping over their hard luck and some professional protesters/agitators there to cause trouble. Don't wallow in self pity, do what immigrant groups did when they came to this country, work 80 hours a week doing low paying jobs to get ahead. It's still possible, just people are too lazy and complacent to bother. Very few Timmies don't have a Help Wanted sign out front. I feel for a lot of people who are down and out but that only lasts for so long, go out and get a job, any job instead of collecting welfare.

Its just the Western world's way of joining in to the Protesting Movement. Seems like a waste of everyone's time to me, especially when there are people in the world protesting 80 years of oppression and killings?

Refocus your energy, get a job (or 2), and don't expect someone who worked hard to get to the top to give you their money because you stood outside with a sign and yelled incoherently.

My 2 cents

I never thought this was about not having a job, and not working for what you want...I thought this was about expressing disgust with banks behaving wrecklessly, being bailed out with our money, then going back to their old ways...non?

We didn't bail out our banks, our unemployment levels are significantly lower than the US. I would just like to know what exactly they are protesting. I think it's just a bunch of rabble rousers and agents provacateurs stirring up trouble.

Corporate Greed and Economic Disparity.

Thank you Joey :clapping:

Todays world is changing so quickly. We have all seen what social media did in the middle east. Don't think for a second that its not a big factor with occupy.

Most of the people are employed that are taking part. Of course the homeless will take part.

I feel that political evils today are mainly stemming from corporate payoffs of our polititions and lobbyists. In the USA, lets face it, kinda corrupt.

http://www.reuters.c...E79A41E20111015

I applaud these people who are standing up to be counted. :clapping: :clapping: It is making a diference

Greed?

How about this...

You work at mcdonalds for minimum wage... And the manager gives you a choice... A $2 raise... Or 2 cents off fries in that store... What would you do? Think about yourself or the community?

I know what I'd do...

I'd worry about #1 and my family...

Maybe I'm off base about protesting reasons... Bit I think this is a good comparison to corporate greed...

No?

well think it's a lot more then being stated here

it's about the middle class disappearing

it's the 99% of people protesting the 1 with wealth

it's about your bosses used to make 1/2 again what you make and now they make 5 times, 10 times more..

the one % are taking all the money and make a very large lower class society that re live at or below the poverty line